Any advice would be cool

Dec 12, 2008
Hey all!
I've just joined your well made forum to see could I get some help, and iPhone knowledge ;).

My iPhone's touch screen does not work what so ever.
I was wondering should I purchase an (iPhone 2G LCD Display+Touch Glass Screen Digitizer) as it's no longer in warranty.

Would this fix the problem?

Again thanks and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I think that's all you'll need to replace the screen.

Just be careful if you're doing it yourself.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think that's all you'll need to replace the screen.

Just be careful if you're doing this yourself.
1. If you're fixing this screen yourself, - then be very careful and read some tutorials on the web, and also see some "how-to-do-it" videos..find them on the web too!

2. If you get some professional to fix this - it will cost you $$$

I got an old V1 iPhone with an broken display, but I did not fix this - just bought an 3G...:)

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Hey all!
I've just joined your well made forum to see could I get some help, and iPhone knowledge ;).

My iPhone's touch screen does not work what so ever.
I was wondering should I purchase an (iPhone 2G LCD Display+Touch Glass Screen Digitizer) as it's no longer in warranty.

Would this fix the problem?

Again thanks and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Well, you could spend anywhere from 100-150 dollars on a screen, replace it yourself with a very good chance something WILL go wrong. Or you could buy a brand new phone for $199?

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
if you take it to Apple you can buy a replacement v1 for $200

Dec 12, 2008
Wow thanks for all the speedy reply's guys. "Great help"
I saw the digitizers on e-bay for around $30. I probably should have mentioned that my LCD screen is in perfect condition it's just the touching of the screen has no response.
Also I didn't know I could get an iPhone for $200!

I seen the tutorials on youtube. And yeah it looks like a delicate process i'd have to watch them and read them all carefuly before attempting this.

So can I just buy the Digitizer thing. Thanks again guys.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
3. You cannot just replace the glass on the 2G iPhone (or the 3G for that matter). To fix a cracked glass on a 2G iPhone we must replace the glass, digitizer and the LCD as I stated above. These parts are (for a lack of better term) “fused” together from the factory. There is just no way to safely separate and reuse any of these parts.

from here: http://blog.missionrepair.com/2008/...al-2g-iphone-glass-and-digitizer-replacement/

Antimatter

Dec 12, 2008
Yeah i'm buying the digitizer and screen for about 130 dollars.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Yeah i'm buying the digitizer and screen for about 130 dollars.
70.00 more dollars would get you a V1 replacement. Also if you have been a long time Apple customer. Apple may just replace your phone free if they see the phone just totally failed and it is not your fault...Mark