Any Android to iPhone users

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

canrunin

Nov 7, 2011
was wondering if there are any Android users that have switched to iPhone that like it or not? ive been thinking of switching and are there any pros or cons? i was thinking of the 4s or the 5 is there a big difference between the two? thanks

Richu75

Dec 6, 2012
I've made the switch.

For a long time I have been using windows CE and windows mobile, up to 6.5.
After that I've used a windows phone 7 series, but the lack of apps and progress with the new windows phone 8 made me switch to Android.

In a few weeks time I've used a Samsung S2, a Sony Xperia S and a HTC One X. But Android just wasn't for me, I was constant having that eerie feeling that I'd chosen the wrong product. Constantly trying new launchers and programs that I needed for productivity, never found a good match.

Out of sheer frustration I bought a new 4s and never looked back, not at Android or wp.

canrunin

Nov 7, 2011
I've made the switch.

For a long time I have been using windows CE and windows mobile, up to 6.5.
After that I've used a windows phone 7 series, but the lack of apps and progress with the new windows phone 8 made me switch to Android.

In a few weeks time I've used a Samsung S2, a Sony Xperia S and a HTC One X. But Android just wasn't for me, I was constant having that eerie feeling that I'd chosen the wrong product. Constantly trying new launchers and programs that I needed for productivity, never found a good match.

Out of sheer frustration I bought a new 4s and never looked back, not at Android or wp.
I use my phone for the contacts,and calendar,I sync to computer and if something happens to my phone I can load it right back on. iPhone should do the same I would think. I use Gmail,would I be able to keep using it or have to change it?

Richu75

Dec 6, 2012
Yes, the iPhone does that and then some.

However I would suggest you move your calendar and contacts to iCloud when you buy your iPhone. Google is dropping support for EAS (Exchange ActiveSync). While they (Google) say that they will continue EAS for existing connections I wonder for how long. You can leave a copy of you contacts in gmail for access via gmail.com if you like. Only caveat would be if you are sharing your google calendar with another person, I have yet to find a way to share my iCloud calendar to a non-Apple user.

Moving your data over would be quite simple while Google still supports export .vcards and .ics (contacts and calendar exports).

Also moving your data into iCloud would eliminate the need for a physical backup on your computer as it supports backups of your data and settings to iCloud. But it's never a bad idea to have a backup of a backup :)

canrunin

Nov 7, 2011
Yes, the iPhone does that and then some.

However I would suggest you move your calendar and contacts to iCloud when you buy your iPhone. Google is dropping support for EAS (Exchange ActiveSync). While they (Google) say that they will continue EAS for existing connections I wonder for how long. You can leave a copy of you contacts in gmail for access via gmail.com if you like. Only caveat would be if you are sharing your google calendar with another person, I have yet to find a way to share my iCloud calendar to a non-Apple user.

Moving your data over would be quite simple while Google still supports export .vcards and .ics (contacts and calendar exports).

Also moving your data into iCloud would eliminate the need for a physical backup on your computer as it supports backups of your data and settings to iCloud. But it's never a bad idea to have a backup of a backup :)
I heard you on the back up of a back up. :)

iByron

Bronze
Jan 17, 2011
Houston
I used OG iPhone, 3G, then 3GS.....Evo 4G was greatest thing since grilled cheese sandwhiches then I got tired of getting a phone and hoping for an update that may not come but I loved that phone.....My 3GS was able to get iOS 6 and that hardware 600mhz 256 RAM. No carrier bloat, branding, just simple straight to the point is what I enjoy about iOS. Nothing I don't need...App quality ESPECIALLY games is what I enjoy. .If I did do Android again lesson learned would be get Google version unlocked cause right now 299.99 isn't a bad idea for what you get for a LG Nexus 4

isteven

Dec 13, 2012
Texas
I will be moving to the iPhone 4s family in a few weeks my sister has a 5 and she loves it I though am switching to a iPhone 4s from a Android (which I hate ) and believe me iPhones are the way to go! You will happy you made the switch :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'd highly recommend the iPhone 5. It's incredibly light and the added real estate of the display is worth it alone. The biggest thing for me when I use Android is the quality of apps compared to iOS. They've got a good number of apps, but the quality just isn't near iOS. Take Twitter as example. Most Android users would say Plume is the best app. On iOS, there is Tweetbot and Twitterific to name a few. There's no comparison.

I will say that Google Now is pretty awesome and so is maps, but we've got that now too.

BTW, if you need to move your contacts from Android to iPhone, I've written a guide for that.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions here at eiC.

Last edited:

canrunin

Nov 7, 2011
You know the worst thing about this phone is it is a 4g phone. If I don't have all the bars when I'm in 4g it just sits there and spins its wheels. I don't know if it's the 4g or if its the phone. Then the update issue why is it it takes so long. I wish the iPhone had the widgets so you can shut off WiFi,Bluetooth without having to go through all those steps.that would make this choice a lot easier.

Sc00bz

Oct 8, 2012
I made the switch when the 5 came out.

So far, there are times I miss Android and there are times I don't at all. I miss having a micro usb port. I do miss the interface and having a rooted phone with wifi tethering capabilities for free with the app "Wifi Tether". (Not free with Verizon's unlimited data package; only shared data package without a jailbreak).

That being said, what I love about the iPhone is the fluid syncing between it and my ipad provided by my employer. I love how smooth and snappy everything is. I love how my battery lasts for-freaking-ever with moderate to heavy use. Last, but not least, I love the fact that there are more major apps that get released bug free. There were quite a few times I'd download a new app in Android from a major network or retailer & it was unusable with the frequent crashes etc.

To sum things up: Will I go back to Android?

Probably- when I get bored. However, if Apple keeps up this quality and fluid OS, this wont be my last iPhone either.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app