Any app that allows you to change themes?

jimmaye

Sep 21, 2007
Just updated my phone finally. Is there any program similar to customize in the app store? Anything that allows you to change themes on the phone?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Not in the App Store (and I wouldn't expect one anytime soon) but you can get Winterboard from Cydia if you want to Jailbreak.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Unfortunately, no. I wonder if SDK even allows for it? If not, I hope Apple makes it a feature down the road like how they busted their collective arses to make emoji emoticons for OS 2.2. :p

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Unfortunately, no. I wonder if SDK even allows for it? If not, I hope Apple makes it a feature down the road like how they busted their collective arses to make emoji emoticons for OS 2.2. :p
I don't think Apple allowed SDK to go that deep into the system so to speak. But I am with you as I would like to see Apple implement this feature. I mean come on, what could it hurt? And would bring more pleasure to the phone.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Does the Mac OS allow you to change your desktop theme? If it doesn't perhaps Apple is just being stubborn to be anti-Windows.

With the advent of the App Store, no two iPhones have exactly the same third-party functions. I would love to see in the future how no two iPhones have exactly the same home screen look. They could make it user-configurable for those who are good with Photoshop. For the rest of us, they could SELL desktop themes in the App Store. They could have movie studio and name brand licenses of home screen themes. If Steve Jobs was smart, he could take something that users want and turn it into a money-making venture.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm hoping that the next iPhone (3.0, next model as well) is the feature packed version (theming, video recording, etc.).

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I'm hoping that the next iPhone (3.0, next model as well) is the feature packed version (theming, video recording, etc.).
I still have a gut feeling this is going to be the mac daddy of all iPhones.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
See, the Japanese are pretty smart. They don't buy the iPhone and say the main reason they don't want to buy the iPhone is because it doesn't have emoji. Then, voila!, here comes emoji!

Americans buy the iPhone in droves then ***** and moan that there is a lack of features. And Apple is in no real rush to satisfy these customers because they made the initial purchase.

So, the BEST way to help the iPhone is NOT to buy the iPhone! :laugh2: