Any Apps That Will Turn Off Edge, 1.1.4?

lotecorp

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Does anybody know any apps that will turn off Edge. I have 1.1.4 firmware. Everything that I have tried (Toggle, etc), Edge comes back on as soon as I
press the home button. I know I can ssh it, back I would like the option if I am not near a computer to be able to turn off or on. I appreciate anyones help. My first data bill was almost 50.00 dollars.:mad:

jsteeman

Jan 6, 2008
An easy one: remove the APN from the edge settings!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Does anybody know any apps that will turn off Edge. I have 1.1.4 firmware. Everything that I have tried (Toggle, etc), Edge comes back on as soon as I
press the home button. I know I can ssh it, back I would like the option if I am not near a computer to be able to turn off or on. I appreciate anyones help. My first data bill was almost 50.00 dollars.:mad:
Have you tried BossPrefs yet?

lotecorp

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
How do I remove the apn from the edge setting without sshing.

lotecorp

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
I have not tried BossPrefs yet. didn't know they had something for stopping Edge. Thanks

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois

I was just wondering why your data was charged $50. Do you have the plan for the iPhone, or are you unlocked or something.

iCrikey

Nov 20, 2007
Seattle, WA
Also the package "Services" allows you to turn on/off:
Edge
Bluetooth
Wifi
SSH

lotecorp

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
BossPrefs is the only one that is working with 1.1.4. "services" turns edge back on once you press the home button. Thank you for everyones comments and assistance.