Any AT&T Data Throttling Victims here?

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
I think it Is total BS that they try to control our usage. I pay for my plan so leave me alone. Just because one person uses it more than another doesn't seem fair that they can adjust your speed. Oh well. Guess that's why I try to stick to wifi as much as possible. Way faster than AT&T will ever be anyways.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Well I live in SoCal and last wednesday we had sime serious winds and infront of my apartments 4 big trees fell and took down some telephone poles and I was out of power for 3 days and my AT&T Uverse wifi went out as well and that's still out going on a week tomorrow no wifi :(. So I been using a lot of 3G well I'm a grandfathered unlimited data plan and so far I have used 2.5gb data and my billing cycle ends on 12/20. but look at these speeds there giving me now it's ridiculous I can't even play YouTube vids and certain sites just timeout lol btw I used to get 3.4mbps dl and 1mbps up.

When throttled I get 0.12 mbps download and .07mbps upload

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yikes. That speedtest result is terrible. Have you considered switching to the 4GB Data Pro plan? It would cost $15 more a month than what you're paying now, but I'm guessing that they remove the throttling when you switch to an official tethering plan.

How much data were you averaging before the throttling started?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Maybe also try a hard reboot and resetting network settings if you haven't already. Perhaps something weird happened when the service was down.

And you can always call them and ask what is up. Like RoofMonkey said, maybe the have tower problems. No reason to jump to the conclusion they're throttling you just yet.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Well the first 2 days after the winds I didn't get any service it would go to searching to 1 bar and edge to 1 bar and 3g then they must of fixed it cause it jumped to 3 bars and 3G and I get that everyday now which is higher then I got before the winds came. But before I used 30gb in 2 straight months and I never got throttled but this time man they got me :(

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Ok just talked to them they said its due too using to much data and me being on the 5% top tiers. they said I have to wait till the next billing cycle for my data speeds to reset.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
yes sucks no wifi no 3G data it's so slow I can't even login to a website without it timing out lol I have 2 weeks Togo till my
Billing cycle restarts but they took my $165 monthly payment no problem.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
I told them all that there manager said there is nothing they can do then I asked about getting a probate if that's what it's called for the remaining days on my Billing cycle because there is no data speeds they said no then I asked to speak to her manager she said there is no one higher then me lmao.