any bad reviews are good for us

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
just a thought i was having about some of thre bad comments made. some people on here are quick to put down people who speak ill of iPhone (im sensitive too);). but the fact remains...if these people said everything is great and the iPhone isn't missing anything, then steve would not see it necessary to offer free software upgrades. some of their neg. points i am glad they brought up (ie. voice recording, data storage, etc.)

anyway, i wanted to start a thread where everone could add their favorite MISSING FEATURE that you hope they fix with software (no 3g or other hardware comments please):cool:

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
just a thought i was having about some of thre bad comments made. some people on here are quick to put down people who speak ill of iPhone
(im sensitive too);). but the fact remains...if these people said everything is great and the iPhone isn't missing anything, then steve would see it necessary to offer free software upgrades. some of their neg. points i am glad they brought up (ie. voice recording, data storage, etc.)
anyway, i wanted to start a thread where everone could add their favorite MISSING FEATURE that you hope they fix with software (no 3g or other hardware comments please):cool:

honestly, really the only single thing that bothers me is the sloweness of edge.. i don't think theres anything else you can really complain about. sure tiny things here and there can use improvement (ringtones, landscape keyboard during txts etc), but really i think the only thing thats really going to take away from the enjoyment of the phone is that I wont be able to surf the internet during a carride as fast as I would on my verizon phone.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
just a thought i was having about some of thre bad comments made. some people on here are quick to put down people who speak ill of iPhone (im sensitive too);). but the fact remains...if these people said everything is great and the iPhone isn't missing anything, then steve would not see it necessary to offer free software upgrades. some of their neg. points i am glad they brought up (ie. voice recording, data storage, etc.)

I think people put down folks who make "baseless claims". Being a completely independent community, this forum will always be open to constructive criticism. This is not me speaking, but an example of constructive criticism would be, "I really like to use AOL IM on my SideKick and I don't understand why Apple did not include iChat".

Matt-Helm

Jun 27, 2007
I think the data speed is the only thing i'm going to miss as well. I have an 8525 running WM6 and i'm getting 894 kbit/sec in the cleveland area.

I'm not a heavy data user.. it's nice though when i want to kill some time and watch Cingular Video or You Tube.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I posted about it in another thread, but I just read an article in my local paper that made me happy and sad at the same time.

On one hand it bashed the phone thus decreasing the competition for it. On the other hand they listed every single location to buy one.

I am finding a lot of the criticism comes from lazy reporting. These guys are simply not working hard.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Dontt count on video recording, this is a feature Apple would DEFINITELY be using to its advantage rather than save it for another stupid surprise

Fat Man

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
North East England
Dontt count on video recording, this is a feature Apple would DEFINITELY be using to its advantage rather than save it for another stupid surprise
You would think that its deal with youtube would point the other way. I mean half the stuff on youtube is recorded on Mobile Phones, so you would think Apple, wanting to build better relations would want to help its allies along.....