Any bets on what time iOS 8 will be released?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
I'm guessing sometime in the early to mid afternoon, if history is any indication. Will we have as much trouble downloading it as we did trying to order iPhones? ;)

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I think the Apple servers are going to be majorly slammed!! I'll try after work but if I can't get it to work then I'll just wait until Thursday after work.

History on new downloads has shown me that the same day its released I always have major problems so it's best to wait it out.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I think the Apple servers are going to be majorly slammed!! I'll try after work but if I can't get it to work then I'll just wait until Thursday after work.

History on new downloads has shown me that the same day its released I always have major problems so it's best to wait it out.
I have always updated as soon as it shows in my settings. The only exception was iOS 7. I intended to wait for reviews. But my sister updated and was calling me for help that night, so I went ahead and updated so I would know what she was asking about. No problem though. Took about 1 hour or so.

GJCP911

Bronze
Aug 28, 2011
I believe it will be about 6pm GMT UK but like normal the servers will be packed with people trying to download it. Might try every hour to see if it's available.

Sent using iCafe app

Jaccks

Bronze
Mar 30, 2011
I'm reading a few articles that's says not to select the option for iCloud drive when updating to iOS 8, especially if you use a MAC because Yosemite is not out yet. I have a MAC but hardly use it anymore. Everything I do is in my phone or ipad. Should I select yes for iCloud drive or not? Thanks for any input on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.