any canadains out there? got some questions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 24, 2007
hey i live in toronto & thinkin about getting a iPhone but i got a couple questions hopefully some of u guys can help. i'm not new to modding stuff i did a lot with xbox and well FTA satlite thats just too easy lol

1.i heard it works on rogers & fido, & some sites said telus, is this true? i have a telus plan, but my phone doesn't have a sim card..

2.whats the best provider for the iPhone in canada?

3.on my plan on telus, i can download games & ringtones, check email etc................ is my plan ok? can i go on web pages & just surf the net? use all thoses little apps they have

4.when i surf the net can i go to google video & stream a movie or say play pokerstars? do i need a wireless signal or just through my phone?

5.can i surf the net anywere or do i need a wireless signal?

6.what is edge? & can i get it in canada ?

7.Anyone know if the iPhone is ever comin to canada? Apple won't even sell it to us, fukin ****s

thxs

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
1.i heard it works on rogers & fido, & some sites said telus, is this true? i have a telus plan, but my phone doesn't have a sim card..
Rogers/Fido ONLY!

Telus/Bell will never have the current incarnation of the iPhone because it is GSM while they are CDMA.

2.whats the best provider for the iPhone in canada?
See the answer for point number 1.

3.on my plan on telus, i can download games & ringtones, check email etc................ is my plan ok? can i go on web pages & just surf the net? use all thoses little apps they have
Again, see answer for point number 1.

4.when i surf the net can i go to google video & stream a movie or say play pokerstars? do i need a wireless signal or just through my phone?
The iPhone can use either EDGE Data or WiFi. In order to use EDGE you must have a Data plan from Rogers/Fido.

5.can i surf the net anywere or do i need a wireless signal?
You can surf via EDGE if a) you're in the coverage area and b) you have a data plan, otherwise you will have to use a WiFi signal. If you have neither of those, no surfing for you.

6.what is edge? & can i get it in canada ?
Google it.

7.Anyone know if the iPhone is ever comin to canada?
My crystal ball is broken. My iPhone works great with Rogers though. Maybe I'll ask it.