Any Car modifiers present?

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Was just wondering if any of you guys are into car modification? I am heavily into modifying my car. If you have a modified car please post some pictures and maybe some plans of future mods.

Here is my car.
ImageUploadedByiCafe1333193519.546658.jpg
ImageUploadedByiCafe1333193546.682326.jpg
ImageUploadedByiCafe1333193791.374666.jpg

I also have a 1.8 Twin Turbo engine ready to put in once insurance is more acceptable. This week my friend is re-painting my tailgate after he has removed the residue of the badge that was for some reason stuck on with superglue :/ he is also removing the rear skoda badge and filling the holes and respraying that too. Here is an idea of how it will look.

ImageUploadedByiCafe1333194050.726975.jpg

I also have a glass grommet on the way to de-wiper my rear windscreen.

Here's the general idea for that..

ImageUploadedByiCafe1333194290.368532.jpg

I will also be buying a de-badged grille for my car.
Here's how that will look.

ImageUploadedByiCafe1333194610.899483.jpg

Last but not least, alloys.

I'm getting these alloys from a friend and spraying them white.

ImageUploadedByiCafe1333194724.478494.jpg

That's it for now =D

Even if you have a Standard car, please don't hesitate to post a couple pics of your ride :)

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thread title edited from mar to Car ;)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Are you going to turn the front of you Skoda gold?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I have not modified my car, however I would love to. The thing is, I have bought three cars and all of them were brand new and didn't last over a year, so I really didn't get to actually do that.

I am hoping my Seat Leon is going to last way more than that because I'm planning on buying a Cupra/FR body kit, 18" wheels, touch-screen cassette, and lowering the suspension of the car.

Right now it has the stock bodykit (the Cupra is the sport edition of the car), and this is what I am hoping it'll look like after all the additions:

You're supposed to buy the body kit as a whole (rear, front bumpers and side skirts) but I know a place where I can buy each on its own. I'm certain about the rear bumper as well as the side skirts (and if I have enough money I'll go for some Sport LED headlights) but am unsure about the front bumper. I'm still looking around.

I'm waiting for the warranty to be over, though, because all of those parts are covered by warranty as well as the insurance. Those wheels look absolutely SICK, but the other day I read that the larger the wheels, the worse it is for the car's suspension, especially if you live in a place where there are a lot of bumpy roads with speed bumps and stuff.

And I'm tinting the windows black in a couple of days. Not that dark, though, probably like 60 - 40 or 70 - 30.

EDIT: I'm assuming your car is a Skoda Fabia. A friend of mine had it from 2007 till recently he, unfortunately, totaled it and later on got a Seat Ibiza ST. The Fabia is a great car, and I've seen some SICK modifications on it, not only externally, but also mechanical ones. Even the 1.6 version of the car is pretty fast due to its small size. If I were you, I'd go for 17" wheels with runflat tires, a sporty body kit, tint the windows, and look into getting a small spoiler for the back (nothing too big). What is the engine capacity of that car? If it's naturally aspirated, have you thought about the 1.2 or 1.4 TSi engine? I'm sure you could get one for a decent price over there.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
I've modified a few in my days.....
Had a 84 dodge ram I lowered, tinted the windows, blew the engine before I could do much else....
Had a 89 chevy long wheel base extended cab 2500 I slammed it blacked out the windows with 2% limo tint had a killer sound system that would pop the rear windows open lol got pulled over a lot in that truck....
Last was a 94 Geo Tracker I slammed, shaved the tail lights, mirrors, added a sound system, put on 195/50/r15s low pro tires. A coke can couldn't roll under it lol.....
I'm too old now next one will be on air lol drop it in the parkin lot and raise it to drive in comfort

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I have not modified my car, however I would love to. The thing is, I have bought three cars and all of them were brand new and didn't last over a year, so I really didn't get to actually do that.

I am hoping my Seat Leon is going to last way more than that because I'm planning on buying a Cupra/FR body kit, 18" wheels, touch-screen cassette, and lowering the suspension of the car.

Right now it has the stock bodykit (the Cupra is the sport edition of the car), and this is what I am hoping it'll look like after all the additions:

You're supposed to buy the body kit as a whole (rear, front bumpers and side skirts) but I know a place where I can buy each on its own. I'm certain about the rear bumper as well as the side skirts (and if I have enough money I'll go for some Sport LED headlights) but am unsure about the front bumper. I'm still looking around.

I'm waiting for the warranty to be over, though, because all of those parts are covered by warranty as well as the insurance. Those wheels look absolutely SICK, but the other day I read that the larger the wheels, the worse it is for the car's suspension, especially if you live in a place where there are a lot of bumpy roads with speed bumps and stuff.

And I'm tinting the windows black in a couple of days. Not that dark, though, probably like 60 - 40 or 70 - 30.

EDIT: I'm assuming your car is a Skoda Fabia. A friend of mine had it from 2007 till recently he, unfortunately, totaled it and later on got a Seat Ibiza ST. The Fabia is a great car, and I've seen some SICK modifications on it, not only externally, but also mechanical ones. Even the 1.6 version of the car is pretty fast due to its small size. If I were you, I'd go for 17" wheels with runflat tires, a sporty body kit, tint the windows, and look into getting a small spoiler for the back (nothing too big). What is the engine capacity of that car? If it's naturally aspirated, have you thought about the 1.2 or 1.4 TSi engine? I'm sure you could get one for a decent price over there.
I'm going for a spoiler like this soon.

ImageUploadedByiCafe1333201351.037293.jpg

I am giving the outside full overhaul. BUT I need everything to be easily reversible ;) I have an Audi engine ready to plop in there. 1.8 Twin Turbo. I believe it has around 325BHP as it is remapped also and modified in every way, shape and form :)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Wow, that Audi's 1.8T is a sickkkk engine. Don't speed too much, though, because after all, the car isn't that heavy. And I think you'd need at the very least 17" wheels with R55 tires with an engine of that size. And I also think you'd need a sport suspension. Just save up some money and hook the car up, it'll be a great ride. I love sporty hatchbacks over sedans anyday.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Wow, that Audi's 1.8T is a sickkkk engine. Don't speed too much, though, because after all, the car isn't that heavy. And I think you'd need at the very least 17" wheels with R55 tires with an engine of that size. And I also think you'd need a sport suspension. Just save up some money and hook the car up, it'll be a great ride. I love sporty hatchbacks over sedans anyday.
The coilovers will be my sport suspension. The 1.8 TT will require a new set of tyres. I'm going for 18" with low profile skinny tyres :) the low profiles will cost a bomb. So will the coilovers but they're worth it. Means I will be able to adjust the height of the ride as much as I like :)

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I also love hatchbacks. I love my car. I'd rather spend loads of money modifying than buying a sporty BMW or something. I like I make my cars unique.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Don't overdo it, though, or make it over-the-top. I actually don't like "eye-catchy" cars as much as I like cars I'm comfortable with the way they look and the comfort you feel when you're driving due to the excellent handling and performance.

The coilovers will be a great addition to the car. I'm not aware of how the roads are in the UK, but I'm assuming there aren't any huge speed bumps, so the low profile 18" wheels along with a low-height ride will make for a great driving experience.

And regarding your last statement, I know a lot of people here that buy regular cars and pay **** loads of money on them in both hardware and external modifications just because they love doing that and it makes them feel special, and it truly is. I could have bought a slightly used BMW, but I'd rather buy a brand new Leon and then later on modify it. This is another body kit that I'm very interested in and it's actually available at a warehouse in Egypt which means I won't have to order it and pay for shipping and customs:

That is my favorite body kit for the Leon of ALL time, but then again I don't like how the front bumper looks, which is why I'll try to buy the rear bumper and side skirts only.

The front bumper does look good, but I feel it's a bit over-the-top for my taste, especially since it makes it seem like a rally car or something when it's just an average hot-hatch with a 1.6 engine. :D

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
I like over the top..... If it don't draw the cops when the rumble pack buzzes by then I doubt they notice a bright neon orange and yellow car on a blacktop road lol..... Course I build for show not speed, i like some rumble in the exhaust, enough ponies to pass what bothers me, and a bright shinny paint job that causes wrecks as I go by lol

Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Don't overdo it, though, or make it over-the-top. I actually don't like "eye-catchy" cars as much as I like cars I'm comfortable with the way they look and the comfort you feel when you're driving due to the excellent handling and performance.

The coilovers will be a great addition to the car. I'm not aware of how the roads are in the UK, but I'm assuming there aren't any huge speed bumps, so the low profile 18" wheels along with a low-height ride will make for a great driving experience.

And regarding your last statement, I know a lot of people here that buy regular cars and pay **** loads of money on them in both hardware and external modifications just because they love doing that and it makes them feel special, and it truly is. I could have bought a slightly used BMW, but I'd rather buy a brand new Leon and then later on modify it. This is another body kit that I'm very interested in and it's actually available at a warehouse in Egypt which means I won't have to order it and pay for shipping and customs:

That is my favorite body kit for the Leon of ALL time, but then again I don't like how the front bumper looks, which is why I'll try to buy the rear bumper and side skirts only.

The front bumper does look good, but I feel it's a bit over-the-top for my taste, especially since it makes it seem like a rally car or something when it's just an average hot-hatch with a 1.6 engine. :D
Personally I think that front bumper is sick.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
The whole body kit will cost me about 2850 USD and about 3000 USD with installation.It seems like a nice offer, but I don't have enough money right now. The plus side is that when I decide to sell it, I can just replace the body kit with the stock one (which will be untouched) and it's all good!

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
All this is making me need a new project lol, course my mods are way different from yalls and I cut and weld on mine myself lol. Buy a flip kit and blocks and depending on model ibeams or spindels with extra drop.
Most of my trucks get better milage after I drop em and cut that underbody drag, yalls body kits help on that too? I know your cars are already a lot lower than a truck on stock suspension but you still modify areodynamics with those kits

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
All this is making me need a new project lol, course my mods are way different from yalls and I cut and weld on mine myself lol. Buy a flip kit and blocks and depending on model ibeams or spindels with extra drop.
Most of my trucks get better milage after I drop em and cut that underbody drag, yalls body kits help on that too? I know your cars are already a lot lower than a truck on stock suspension but you still modify areodynamics with those kits

You can buy new coil springs or w.e they're called and modify the aerodynamics, specifically the ground clearance of the car, to give it more stability and stuff. Body kits don't always cut on the weight because they could, in some cases, be heavier than the stock parts, so it's all really a matter of luck. I wish I had the skill, time, or energy to be able to modify my car myself, which wouldn't just save me a lot of money, but I think it'll be a very enjoyable and fun experience.

Some people take advantage of the fact that they're modifying and start buying hardware replacement parts like air filters, coil springs, pulley kits, etc. in order to make their car perform better, consume less gas, and become lighter and thereforee faster in terms of acceleration.

New wheels are a must for me, however, since I have the stock 16" (which aren't bad looking) but I'd rather install some 17 or 18 inch wheels with runflat tires. Costly but worth it.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Only way I would spend money on coils is if they percision designed for racing to eleminate roll and balance in turns. Far as just lowering ride height go half a coil at a time unless you know the vehicle type well enough to cut the length off in one go, but a torch works great just take time cut all coils the same and even.
But I love doing my own mods sometimes I take weeks just getting my ride height cause I don't want tires rubbing and then when your done ofcourse an alinement is nessicery to keep tire ware even.
Next ride I build (if a 2wd) will be airbagged for comfort and control. My road is too messed up for a static drop lowrider