Any dead or stuck pixels?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
i have one on the bottom half of my screen how do you fix these?
I'd stop by your local Apple Store tomorrow. Not 100% sure, but I don't think you can resolve a dead pixel. Is it across all apps and home screen?

-Chris

Domin8stang

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
i don't have a single problem with my phone sine i got it. Crosses fingers

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
i think i have a dead pixel 2 :( its really tiny and you can only see it if there is a white background behind it by its there on every screen that has white

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
damn that sucks, no you cant fix dead pixels, their DEAD. If its not too noticeable then leave it, if it bothers you ALOT then i would go exchange it for another if you can. But I wouldn't want to pay $600 for a phone and have dead pixels on the screen.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Only prob i have is sending email.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
In the past, Apple usually reviews dead/stuck pixels on a case-by-case basis. 1 or 2 is usually not enough for replacement but if they're really annoying (say right in the center) you might be able to plead your case.

It's just the nature of the manufacturing process. The stink of it is, you have just as much chance as getting one that's even worse than the one you have now.

LTownBrodown

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Landrum, South Carolina
well i would have to send it in to Apple, i don't have an Apple store around here and AT&T said if something is wrong with the device Apple will take care of it

Jun 28, 2007
I think I have a stuck pixel. I can live with that for now. I just want to get past this activation nightmare. 15 hours...

Peregrine

Jun 29, 2007
Dead pixels do sometimes com back to life. My MP3 player had a dead pixel, and after about an hour of playing with it it suddenly started working.

LTownBrodown

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Landrum, South Carolina
I think I have a stuck pixel. I can live with that for now. I just want to get past this activation nightmare. 15 hours...
yeah man im getting there 13 hours.... i called and they told me they don't know how long it will be for the iPhones... the activations are stuck

mm1250

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
In the past, Apple usually reviews dead/stuck pixels on a case-by-case basis. 1 or 2 is usually not enough for replacement but if they're really annoying (say right in the center) you might be able to plead your case.

It's just the nature of the manufacturing process. The stink of it is, you have just as much chance as getting one that's even worse than the one you have now.
I doubt they would give you an issue returning to get a new one, after all there is still a 14-day return policy. If they don't' replace, you can just say I want full refund!

Fluke

Jun 25, 2007
I too have a dead pixel, its almost in the middle of my screen. Now that I've noticed it I can't stop looking at it. Its really bugging me. I'm going to go see what can be done about it.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
i don't have a single problem with my phone sine i got it. Crosses fingers
Me neither. Not with the phone, activation, anything. VERY satisfied and impressed with the iPhone. Best 600$ i've ever spent. lol
:cool:

I think Chris is right....there's really nothing they can do about dead pixels (in store), besides just change out the unit...

Fluke

Jun 25, 2007
Yep, I just got back from the Apple Store. They looked at it, agreed that it was a dead pixel and promptly exchanged for a brand new one. Great customer service (as always).

Now to hunt this one for any lazy ass pixels.