any ex blackberry pearl users here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Deedubau

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
I love the iPhone but the internet is near unusable without wifi. The edge on the pearl was very nice and I was actually able to browse. But on the iPhone, I can get a page to load, and that's if i'm lucky! I don't mind waiting a little bit for a page to load but wow this is sloooow! does anyone else have this issue and can it be addressed so it actually loads pages?

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
I feel your pain. I am an ex Pearl and 8700c user. Have been a die hard bb user my entire life. Got quickly addicted to the push email system and the instance gratification of knowing that i was getting email immediately.
I wish their was a way to utilize both devices with the same SIM card.
The internet is extremely slow on the iPhone when away from a wireless network connection. No help for that at the time being, and most likely nothing until the phones go 3g.
I walk by the AT&T Store at least once a week and the Pearl catches my eye every time. The temptation is very real.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
See I am coming from a slew of different edge devices, like the Treo 750 and several Blackberry's and I think the iPhone's edge speed is just on par with those devices. The huge difference is you are loading real web pages as opposed to scaled down wap pages. I am sure you guys know that. No Offense there. I think as far as on edge goes, the iPhone is pretty usable. It just depends on your uses.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
See I am coming from a slew of different edge devices, like the Treo 750 and several Blackberry's and I think the iPhone's edge speed is just on par with those devices. The huge difference is you are loading real web pages as opposed to scaled down wap pages. I am sure you guys know that. No Offense there. I think as far as on edge goes, the iPhone is pretty usable. It just depends on your uses.

I can listen to XM for free and my iPhone and with the pearl it was 8.99 a month. I can listen to Sirius also, which was not even available on the pearl.

I have my work email forwarded to yahoo! which does push.

The main thing I miss about being a BB user is the Level 1 PIN messaging between other BB's.

Gray

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
i done get the complaints about the speed. I had a 3g lg flip phone before I had this and I think that the iPhone is only barely slower than that. I lve it. Personally, I would rather have a fully rendered web page and have to wait a bit longer than not. Just my .02l