Any ex-Sidekickers here?

Did you switch from a T-Mobile Sidekick?

• Yes

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
Good morning all! So, I remember back in 2004 when I first saw the t-mobile sidekick, I thought it was the most amazing phone I had ever seen, and of course I became a die hard Sidekicker, up until the sidekick 3. When all the hype of the iPhone was happening last year before it came out I kept saying, "It has a touch screen? It will scratch easily, it's a bad idea" And then after it came out, I wandered into an AT&T store just to see what it looked like. Within two weeks I cancelled my t-mobile, paying $275 to switch to At&T. And I can't believe I ever thought the Sidekick was as good as it was, I almost feel sorry for people I see with one now. I know, the iPhone brings a certain kind of arrogance doesn't it! Anyway, I was wondering how many others out there switched from a Sidekick?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I switched over from the BB. But I know that Indy has a Sidekick and is waiting for his T-Mobile contact to end to get an iPhone.

- John

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
I didn't have a sidekick but before I heard about the hype of the iPhone I was going to ask my parents to get me the lx but my father was like the lx is wack compared to the iPhone and then he got it for me on Xmas day. LOL before I got the iPhone I thought the lx was like really cool haha.

ooTeXaSoo

Jan 20, 2008
I used to have a sidekick and i did heard about the iPhone and said that it just has a touch screen and probably battery life wasn't all that good. Then one day me and my cousin were at the mall and we saw an Apple store. I said i didn't want to go in the store because i might see something i like and buy it. So we did anyway and i saw the iPhone and tested it out. Then i wanted one really bad so i bought one that was unlocked and using it on my tmobile service.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I switched over from the BB. But I know that Indy has a Sidekick and is waiting for his T-Mobile contact to end to get an iPhone.

- John
yes, what he^ said...:p, Thanks John.

I've got 3 T-Crapile contracts ending in September of this year, only 226 more days to go!

When I first heard of the iPhone around March, I wasn't really interested, I was on T-Mobile and wanted a Dash, this would be my first smartphone I THOUGHT! Well, long story short, my father purchased a sk3 and then decided he wanted to switch to ATT and bought an 8525 and I adopted a brand new sk3! Decided to keep it and forget about the Dash and it's been a love/hate relationship ever since. I got caught up in the hype on iDay, before iDay I had no intentions of ever looking at the iPhone, but getting home from work that day and seeing everyone playing with and talking about the iPhone on G4tv I was instantly a fanboy and have been ever since! End of Story.:laugh2:

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
My best friend has had every sidekick since the black and white one. Since then, he has had 12 replacement sidekicks. He switched to a Razr v2 and is glad he did it. I guess this isn't an iPhone story, just a story of how unreliable sidekicks are.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
My best friend has had every sidekick since the black and white one. Since then, he has had 12 replacement sidekicks. He switched to a Razr v2 and is glad he did it. I guess this isn't an iPhone story, just a story of how unreliable sidekicks are.
I think the razr v2 was the worst phone i ever had. Samsungs were always my choice. easy to use, clean styling, bombproof

I was always one for getting whatever phone came with the plan or not paying more than 50 bucks after rebates and what not. But when it came time for a new phone because mine crap the bed, i made an acception. 400 dollars later and ive never been more happy with a purchase