Any good app to measure room temperature and body temperature without using my

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Hello guys,
Is there any good app to show room temperature without using my location ? Also would like to know the same for body temperature.

Sent using iCafe app

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Hello guys,
Is there any good app to show room temperature without using my location ? Also would like to know the same for body temperature.
This isn't possible to do with just an app. you'd also need an indoor thermometer attachment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
If you keep your all windows open, your room temperature shouldn't be that much different from outside temperature. There's a weather app pre-installed on your iPhone. It's called "Weather". Here's some sample output:

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1386648976.090427.jpg

To answer the second part of your question, body temperature will almost always be 98.6° F. You won't need an app for that.

Sent using iCafe app

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
If you keep your all windows open, your room temperature shouldn't be that much different from outside temperature. There's a weather app pre-installed on your iPhone. It's called "Weather". Here's some sample output:

View attachment 34667

Sent using iCafe app
Are you serious? I hope not. I thought we didn't insult users' intelligence here.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Are you serious? I hope not. I thought we didn't insult users' intelligence here.
I'm not sure what you mean. The OP can save some cash on that indoor thermometer attachment by leaving the windows open and just assessing data about outdoor temperature. Granted, this is more feasible in the summer, and you should definitely have screens on the windows to prevent larger insects from entering the home.

Sent using iCafe app

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm not sure what you mean. The OP can save some cash on that indoor thermometer attachment by leaving the windows open and just assessing data about outdoor temperature. Granted, this is more feasible in the summer, and you should definitely have screens on the windows to prevent larger insects from entering the home.

Sent using iCafe app
If he lives in a climate similar to mine, he ain't opening any windows.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Yes it does, actually. If it overheats, it knows it, because of hardware sensors, and it will display a warning that it has overheated.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2101

Sent using iCafe app
The OP is asking for a way to measure room temperatures. Please don't try to confuse the issue by going off on tangents. Thanks.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
maybe there's some way we could make iTunes do it with playlists.

Dec 11, 2013
I don't remember that iPhone integrated temperature sensor.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I don't remember that iPhone integrated temperature sensor.
It's not an oft-discussed topic, but it certainly is there. iOS uses it and will alert you if the safe operating temperature is exceeded. I posted a link to a support article earlier on in the thread.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's not an oft-discussed topic, but it certainly is there. iOS uses it and will alert you if the safe operating temperature is exceeded. I posted a link to a support article earlier on in the thread.
The phone's operating temperature is not the same thing as ambient temperature. This thread is about measuring and displaying room temperatures. The iPhone lacks the hardware to do this.