Any good tweak for getting delivery / read sms ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by rugved1118, Aug 26, 2015.

1. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Hello,

Can anyone please suggest any good tweak (free/paid) for getting delivery / read sms ?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I use TypeStatus which is within the BigBoss repo. It works great for me and is free.

It says BigBoss, but you may actually need the dev's repo added as well.

http://cydia.hbang.ws/

3. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

I have typestatus already but it only gives typing status but not delivery report / read for non-imessage users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It will say "Not delivered" if an SMS message fails to send. There is no way to get a read receipt for an SMS since it's going through your carrier and being received by theirs. Even if it was sent to a contact with the same carrier as yours, you would have to contact the carrier to see what time it was delivered and they may not provide you with that information due to privacy laws. It doesn't track what time they actually read it. It works with iMessages because it is sent and received by Apple's servers.

5. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Ok ... So as what you said, just like on android handsets, it will show as delivered even if the recepient's cellphone is out of reach or not reachable.... Right ? Its strange how come type status tweak does not show as delivered on my iphone cellphone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It will say "Not Delivered" on an iPhone if it isn't delivered. I wouldn't worry about it.

7. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Have heard recently there is type status 2.... Sumhow am unable to find it in cydia .. Can anyone please help me with the repo ??

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

https://cydia.hbang.ws

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have Typestatus 2 now as well, but read that for now it's the same as TypeStatus.

"This is the first beta version of TypeStatus 2, a rewrite of the original TypeStatus. This does not add new features (sorry). It’s expected that you report bugs by emailing us with the “Author” button above, and have Crash Reporter installed too so you can send crash reports to us. Having problems? You can revert to the old TypeStatus."

https://cydia.hbang.ws/depiction/ws.hbang.typestatus2/