Any hope for Gmail users?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
So I was thinking about solutions to the Yahoo! push email and the lack of total Gmail support on iPhone. I was wondering if Apple went with a Yahoo! mail client more because of the push e mail or more because of the partnership with AT&T (which owns SBC / Yahoo! right?)

Either way, if I have my Gmail forwarded to a Yahoo! account, how does that effect my Gmail inbox? in a way isn't that the same as pushing my Gmail by way of Yahoo!? Can anyone think of any downsides to this. I know there has to be one. Face value, I suppose some of the automated features Gmail offers (like the way Gmail will automatically give you the option of pulling certain dates from e mails and put them into your calendar for you, or when there is an address contained in the e mail, Gmail gives you an option to map it without any additional work on your part.) wouldn't be available on the forwarded mail.

I guess I am just disappointed because I feel Gmail is such a superior e mail client, save the fact they don't have push e mail.

Any thoughts on the above issues would be greatly appreciated...

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
So I was thinking about solutions to the Yahoo! push email and the lack of total Gmail support on iPhone. I was wondering if Apple went with a Yahoo! mail client more because of the push e mail or more because of the partnership with AT&T (which owns SBC / Yahoo! right?)

Either way, if I have my Gmail forwarded to a Yahoo! account, how does that effect my Gmail inbox? in a way isn't that the same as pushing my Gmail by way of Yahoo!? Can anyone think of any downsides to this. I know there has to be one. Face value, I suppose some of the automated features Gmail offers (like the way Gmail will automatically give you the option of pulling certain dates from e mails and put them into your calendar for you, or when there is an address contained in the e mail, Gmail gives you an option to map it without any additional work on your part.) wouldn't be available on the forwarded mail.

I guess I am just disappointed because I feel Gmail is such a superior e mail client, save the fact they don't have push e mail.

Any thoughts on the above issues would be greatly appreciated...
You can have the iPhone get your gmail it just will not be pushed to you. probably will work just like the way Treo retrieves my gmail.

ATTingular

Bronze
May 27, 2007
iPhone will support POP3 email, however it will post likely be pull email. That is, it will link with the inbox every x number of minutes and pull updates to the device.