Any idea when would the next Jailbreak be out ?

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
I am currently on 8.3 TaiG Jailbroken on 5S.
Any idea when would the next Jailbreak be out ?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Windknown, one of the core Pangu Jailbreak Team members, recently posted a technical article explaining the security and vulnerability fixes found in iOS 9.2 and iOS 9.2.1.

In his post, Windknown went on to explain several technical details that discussed specific kernel exploits that could be used to jailbreak the operating system. Those of you who have an understanding of programming, specifically the code found in the iOS platform, might be interested in checking the details out further (translated post via Google Translate). The part that was most interesting though was what was mentioned by the hacker towards the end of his article. A rough translation of what was mentioned stated that the vulnerability found can be triggered in the iOS sandbox, so it can attack the kernel right from the app to obtain the kernel code execution permission. He continued by recommending that users upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible and avoid installing apps from unknown sources.

The conversation this issue starts is whether users should update to iOS 9.2.1 due to security vulnerabilities or if they should stick with iOS 9.2 in the hopes of a public jailbreak release. Another issue is that no one has confirmed information on whether iOS 9.2.1 can be jailbroken by the Pangu team or if the team even plans on releasing a jailbreak for this version of iOS. Both of these issues continue to remain unknown but we do have further insight based on the recommendation to an extent.

The suggestion to upgrade to iOS 9.2.1 is likely an opinion that is geared towards the security aspect as it may be risky to sideload apps. There might even be a possibility that apps from the Apple Store could contain malicious codes, such as the incident that occurred with Xcode previously. Issues like these could potentially put your device at a big risk so taking precaution where possible is usually advised.

The iOS hacker, Luca Todesco (@qwertyoruip), who recently revealed a video of an untethered jailbreak for iOS 9.2.1, iOS 9.2 and iOS 9.3 beta, also recently tweeted to windknown stating the following:

By the way I agree with @windknown 100% re. p0 bugs. Update to 9.2.1 if you don't care about jailbreak. Stick on 9.2 if you do

It seems that the signals are mixed and it should be noted that neitehr party mentioned anything of releasing a jailbreak. What do you plan on doing? Are you going to stick with your current jailbroken device? Update to iOS 9.2.1 or stay on iOS 9.2?
Source: Akshay Masand from iPhonehacks.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Crickets here.... I wonder if Apple paid these guys off for their exploits and to hold the jailbreak....sigh.....:(

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Can't come quick enough for me, I'm stuck on 8.3!
Hope we are not at the end of the jailbreak era!
Some say there is no need for it, i disagree. Some much potential. Apple should give up the ghost and allow people to give the option to use there phones the way they want.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I'm on 9.0.2. There's been no jailbreaks since than. We're now on 9.3. iOS 10 is next? Any insights when next jb is coming out? Or is this the end of the end? I have so many reboots and so many apps that won't work on a modified iOS. xCon does t work, so I'm stuck.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm on 9.0.2. There's been no jailbreaks since than. We're now on 9.3. iOS 10 is next? Any insights when next jb is coming out? Or is this the end of the end? I have so many reboots and so many apps that won't work on a modified iOS. xCon does t work, so I'm stuck.
There is no jailbreak visible on the horizon. We've had a couple of fakers lately and the whole community is frustrated. We may be witnessing the closing days of the jailbreak era, I'm afraid.

There is a jailbreak for 9.1, however.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There is no jailbreak visible on the horizon. We've had a couple of fakers lately and the whole community is frustrated. We may be witnessing the closing days of the jailbreak era, I'm afraid.

There is a jailbreak for 9.1, however.
I think we'll see more jailbreaks.
xCon hasn't worked for a while. Have you tried Flex 2 to bypass jailbreak detection?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Oops. Someone forgot to decrypt 64-bit Kernel Patch Protection in iOS 10 beta. This should make it easier for jailbreak devs to decrypt later versions of KPP. Someone's head is probably rolling at Apple this evening.

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 10.13.47 PM.png

Last edited:

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Oops. Someone forgot to decrypt 64-bit Kernel Patch Protection in iOS 10 beta. This should make it easier for jailbreak devs to decrypt later versions of KPP. Someone's head is probably rolling at Apple this evening.

View attachment 44224
Since someone posted about it, I'm sure it will be patched before public release of 10.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's $1.99. I didn't see in description it bypasses jb detection.

This one is $3.99. Same comment as above but also has other stuff I don't need.

Is one better than the other?
I can't guarantee tsProtector will work since you didn't list the apps, but it's easier to use than Flex 2. I haven't heard of Flex 2 failing to bypass jailbreak detection, but it's more expensive and you'll need to do some research to learn how to create patches.