Any idea when would the next Jailbreak be out ?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I told you, AT&T told me this, months ago and you told me that's not possible. Now you now think so? :p
I have not heard of anybody else that is jailbroken having phone call issues. Also, I wasn't having these issues a few months ago when I was obviously still on iOS 9.0.2. When my parents were having issues with AT&T, I was not. They switched to Verizon, now I am having issues. However, hopefully WiFi Calling fixes that, although it is still technically good to be on the latest iOS. I love being on the latest software, but not if I have to lose my JB.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I have not heard of anybody else that is jailbroken having phone call issues. Also, I wasn't having these issues a few months ago when I was obviously still on iOS 9.0.2. When my parents were having issues with AT&T, I was not. They switched to Verizon, now I am having issues. However, hopefully WiFi Calling fixes that, although it is still technically good to be on the latest iOS. I love being on the latest software, but not if I have to lose my JB.
It is not a jailbroken issue. It is, as you said, a cell tower service update issue, or as I was told by AT&T, a carrier update issue. Carrier updates pertain to the current iOS. But, you can't always be on wifi, unless you only answer calls when in wifi range. I know there are exploits in the new iOS 10, but I'm sure they will be patched before public release. We will have to pray not or pray that a new jailbreak comes out soon. 9.0.2 is killing me.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Video from iCrackUriDevice says that hackers may be targeting 9.3.3 if it does get released next Monday. Jailbreak in sights possibly. There is really no telling of what the truth is.

Does anyone know if it is possible to update your carrier settings without updating iOS?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Video from iCrackUriDevice says that hackers may be targeting 9.3.3 if it does get released next Monday. Jailbreak in sights possibly. There is really no telling of what the truth is.

Does anyone know if it is possible to update your carrier settings without updating iOS?
Yes, it's safe to update your carrier settings. It won't update your OS.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I used to get a popup for that, but that was before I was jailbroken. I'm guessing there isn't a way then unless I update OS?
If resetting your network settings doesn't prompt it, you could try using Cydia Impactor. That will remove your jailbreak and take you back to the activation screen while retaining your current firmware version.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
If resetting your network settings doesn't prompt it, you could try using Cydia Impactor. That will remove your jailbreak and take you back to the activation screen while retaining your current firmware version.
Oooo good information to know. Sadly I reset network settings for another reason yesterday and wasn't prompted. My phone calls are not dropping or going silent right now so I think I'm fine. I'm praying for a new jailbreak in the next month. Is that safe to ask for?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I don't think so. AT&T said that carrier updates are tied to each new iOS.
Before I began jailbreaking, at one point I can recall the carrier setting popup to update it. I wish this could somehow still happen on jailbroken iPhone if it even happens anymore without updating iOS. Unfortunately, AT&T says to update iOS if you need latest carrier update.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
1. They just show up.
2. Yes, AT&T.
Very odd. Maybe it's because I am jailbroken? I haven't had one while jailbroken. iTunes did mention carrier settings as I exited iTunes though and now I can't get it to do that again. Going to General-About shows no popup, but I know I need update. This is aggravating me.