Any ideas on how to email a picture to another person's cell phone?

Mojosan

Jun 27, 2007
I've read about one trick (email the picture to 1234567890@mms.att.net ) but it did not work.

I've also tried sending it to a verizon users vtext account (1234567890@vtext.com) and that didn't work either.

Any ideas on how to email a picture to another person's cell phone?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
See the MANY posts i've already created, with the solution to this.

If that doesn't work, I can't help you. It's worked for me, and several other users here.

Mojosan

Jun 27, 2007
With all due respect, it is not working for me.

I have tried to email pics to "10digitcellnumberhere"@mms.att.net to both cingular/ATT customers and to verizon customers who all have mms capablity and plans.

(these 4 or 5 people and I have sent pix messages back and forth for a couple of years now)

Either the text only goes through or nothng at all goes through.

If I email a pic from my iPhone to a normal email address like "whatever@gmail.com" the message and picture go through fine.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
With all due respect, it is not working for me.

I have tried to email pics to "10digitcellnumberhere"@mms.att.net to both cingular/ATT customers and to verizon customers who all have mms capablity and plans.

(these 4 or 5 people and I have sent pix messages back and forth for a couple of years now)

Either the text only goes through or nothng at all goes through.

If I email a pic from my iPhone to a normal email address like "whatever@gmail.com" the message and picture go through fine.
Yes, i'm hearing that this does not work, for several other people here.
I don't know what to tell you..... try to have someone send you an MMS and an Email with picture attachment from their phone.
See which one works.
If the MMS message comes to you with the picture, then check the return address on it, and see how it's formatted. If the email works, then there's your solution. :)

This is how my friend and I figured it out.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I used the @mms.att.net and sent a pic from my iPhone to my gf's LG phone just fine.

BWGrapher

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
for Verizon user u gotta use this address.
1234567890@vzwpix.com I already tested and it worked.
I'm sure there is similar way for att or tmobile, but doesn't know the address.

For doing this way, we can send pictures message, but we can't get a message.

datafirm

Jul 3, 2007
Is this something Apple left out on purpose? Its pretty pathetic.

ben1380

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I tried sending a Pic email to someone at vzwpix.com from my yahoo account and it fails with SMTP 550 error. However, if I set my gmail account as the default, it sends fine.

There are some weird things going on with the yahoo imap...I don't think they have all the bugs worked out.

coco

Jul 3, 2007
I had been told that you can only send and receive pictures on the iPhone via email, NOT TEXT. Which bites as I have always been able to send and receive pictures via text, phone to phone, this seems pretty basic to me. If someone knows different, please let me know.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
How would you do this with a sprint customer?