Any info on the beat maker app for iPhone?

Jul 14, 2008
Does anyone know when the Intua beat maker for the iPhone will be released in the app store? ive been dying for this app since last year and haven't heard anything as of lately. Thanks for the help.

c3ptik

Jul 15, 2008
Does anyone know when the Intua beat maker for the iPhone will be released in the app store? ive been dying for this app since last year and haven't heard anything as of lately. Thanks for the help.
Looks like its just come in today. I was browsing through and saw it under the Music section in the App Store.
BTW, what is it and is it any good? Price seems a little hefty...

c3ptik

Jul 15, 2008
Im downloading this right now. From what i've read it seems like a long-awaited application for the iPhone/ipod touch generation. We'll just see :laugh2:

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Im downloading this right now. From what i've read it seems like a long-awaited application for the iPhone/ipod touch generation. We'll just see :laugh2:
let me what's its like...btw how much is it?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
20 dollars.... only thing stopping me from getting it

c3ptik

Jul 15, 2008
Played with it a little on the train home.
At first glance its pretty good looking. The interface is very well done and manages to fit a hell of a lot into such a small device/program. You'll need 118mb free though as it takes quite a lot of processing power.

The built in kits for the 16 sample pads are quite good and have a few pre-made loops to get you started. Recording is a little fiddly. I managed to record a basic bass and snare rhythm but couldn't work out how i did it when i tried playing it back again. I'll need to play with it a bit more tonight.

Overall, i think its got a lot of potential and can definitely pass a lot of time while using it. I nearly missed my stop!

c3ptik

Jul 15, 2008
Wow!

Guys, if you're into creating tracks and loops then you'll love this. Im getting used to it now and realised that not only can you record the beats as you hit the pads but you can also view the pattern as its recording and tap in the bar where you want to insert a beat.
Its very hard to explain but im happy.

I also have a Roland MC-505 which i like playing about with. I wonder whether this could be connected up....Hmmmmm

Whats more, you can also change how each beat or note is played and the force at which its played at. This means you wont have to settle with what comes with the app, you can tweak each and every instrument or drum piece to suit your taste. Its a little like a scaled down version of fruity loops (if anybody's used it). Definitely worth the mony.