Any Ladies who have the 42mm....your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Sweetie, May 29, 2015.

1. Sweetie

Sweetie Member
    Bronze

Can't decided between the 38mm or the 42mm Apple Watch? Looking to see if any ladies got it and if you think it's too big or bulky?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I recommend going with the 42 mm unless you have an extremely small frame and extra small wrists. The 42 will fit fine even if you have small wrists - just use the small/medium band. This isn't a watch that is meant to be dainty. It's a touchscreen smartwatch that displays text and you need the screen real estate. I tried on my brother's 42 mm Apple Watch a couple days ago and it fit great. I have other women's watches that are about the same size and I love the fit of them as well.

#2 Europa, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
  3. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

I originally thought the 42 was the better choice, so I ordered it. But after trying both on twice, with different bands went with the 38.

I am extremely happy that I downsized. My wrists are extra small and the 42 was just a tad too big. I had to pull the sports band really tight to get a good fit. Even then the band didn't line up as comfortably as the 38 does.

It also helped that the 42 was back ordered til June and I was able to get the 38 in record time.

4. 09_SERG

09_SERG Member
    Bronze

I am getting my GF the 42 silver with white band for her birthday, of course she is 50 this year and our eyes are getting bad so it still ma be an issue

5. Sweetie

Sweetie Member
    Bronze

I ended up ordering the 42mm Space Grey Sport. Hope it doesn't end up being too big for me.