Any necklace-like cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by tapar, Sep 24, 2007.

1. tapar

tapar New Member

I use the iPhone at work quite often and had an issue where I would forget I was using it and pull it off my desk. To resolve this I use the little black back the iPhone came in. I took a necklace-thing (laynard I think) from an old USB thumb drive and attached it too the black ball thing that closes the bag. Then when listening to music, I drop the phone in the pouch and it no longer falls off the desk.

That works great but it sucks when I want to pause the music to speak with someone or fast forward. I had a great case for my ipod that resolved this and kept the UI clear but added a loop for the necklace. I have not seen any cases for the iPhone that support this, they all have the belt holster, but not a spot to connect a lanyard necklace thing.

I saw a post where someone disassembled their iPhone and drilled a couple of holes that would get the job done...but I don't really want to drill out my iPhone and would prefer not even doing that with a case. I want a case that provides full access to the iPhone's functionality and has a place to connect the necklace. I would prefer it if I could also charge the phone while it is in the case, but at this point beggars can't be choosers. :)

Anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate any help I could get in this area.

Thanks!

2. gnored

gnored New Member

Necklace-like holders?

Have you found any yet?

3. twallyf

twallyf Member
    Bronze

This doesn't help the access issue, but if you're using the stock headphones, you can use the mic button on the earbuds. To pause, click once, to skip to the next song, click twice and to go back to the beginning of the song, click three times.

4. rootleak

rootleak New Member

Are you serious? I've had my iPhone for almost a year and I didn't realize the mic was a button too... OMG. Just when I thought i knew it all!

5. Melissa Sumpter

Melissa Sumpter New Member

I don't know if your still looking for a iPhone necklace case but if you go to laskin.com they have very nice one.