Any new info on fixing scratches on the screen?

FirstIphone

Bronze
Dec 8, 2008
Littlestown, PA
A co worker had his in his pocket for a while and when he pulled it out to check the time the screen is covered in fine scratches. You can see them very very easily. Can not really feel them with your fingertip but Can feel them with your fingernail.
Anyone know if there is a way discovered yet to remove scratches?

Thanks.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
It's very difficult to fix scratches in glass and probably not worth it. Tell your friend to not keep his iPhone and car keys in the same pocket!

Joe

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Try an car repair shop? I think they have some things to repair glass? Dunno.

It doesn't even take keys in your pockets to cause scratches. Even minute particles of dust or dirt can easily cause this after rubbing the screen long enough.

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
Try an car repair shop? I think they have some things to repair glass? Dunno.

It doesn't even take keys in your pockets to cause scratches. Even minute particles of dust or dirt can easily cause this after rubbing the screen long enough.
How true! That includes rubbing the phone on your sleeve to try and clean it. My screen and a button got in confrontation I didn't see coming. Got one of my first and only scratches that way last summer. Valuable lesson.

Wester

Apr 10, 2009
from time to time I vacuum clean my pocket and I let my iPhone have a screen protector. I now have a Artwizz scratchstopper. they are amazing, and you get x4 films in one package for a cheap price. I really recommend it .

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
i have no protection on my screen and have no scratches, ive seen safety beens put to iPhone screens without scratching

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
He should have gotten a screen protector from day 1! My 3G replacement had one since it came out of the infamous white box. I also bought a incase slider case that same moment (recommended by a lot of members here) saddly it scratched my phone. I have dropped my phone numerous times and luckily the screen protector has protected the screen perfectly!