Any newly found treasures in iOS5?

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
can we do the custom vibrations for email?

trying to figure out what the custom vibrations are for
They are so you can assign a custom vibration to each contact. So just by the vibration pattern you know who is calling.

i.e. know who is calling before you take your phone out of your pocket ...... in the library

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
iprncess, its under accessability.
I was super stoked thinking that it meant we would have a status light on the 4s
but sadly, it does only make the camera flash "flash" and thats stupid.
how many of us put our phones face down?!?
Anyone know if it knows that it's face down and goes to silent mode? That would be awesome. That's one thing I love about the Galaxy S2.

TheJustPull

Bronze
Oct 12, 2011
The one thing I found that was something I never heard about in the update was the notification LED. I turned it on but I honestly don't like it. It's on the back of your phone so it doesn't work they way most phones do.

Anyways, anyone else find anything awesome worth sharing?
How do you turn the notifcation light on? I didn't even know this was one of the features!

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
i wish we could make the custom vibrations for ringtones............or make it vibrate like that along with the ringtones..............

that is one reason I JB...................IREALSMS, MyWi, and longer vibes

Afkamp

Bronze
Aug 31, 2010
Did anyone else notice the way the Apple logo is animated when you turn on your phone. Pretty cool!

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
So Find my Friends has to work against the AppleID. Sucks since we just use the one ID on all our iDevices. Guess that's a dead app for me. That work for anyone here?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
So Find my Friends has to work against the AppleID. Sucks since we just use the one ID on all our iDevices. Guess that's a dead app for me. That work for anyone here?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
I DL it, but I don't see much use for for for me.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
Not planning to use Find my Friends but you can have 2 Apple IDs according to Apple; one for the store and a different one for iCloud. Nonetheless I imagine FMF has to use the Store ID.

I plan to stay with one ID anyway.

uRabbit

Bronze
Jul 13, 2009
How about the crap fact that the 3GS got left behind on a lot of cool features?

No location-based reminders. No custom vibrations.