Any newly found treasures in iOS5?

Tyger_purr

Bronze
Oct 3, 2010
How about the crap fact that the 3GS got left behind on a lot of cool features?

No location-based reminders. No custom vibrations.
3GS has custom vibrations. They are set in contacts per person.

Afkamp

Bronze
Aug 31, 2010
Did anyone else notice the way the Apple logo is animated when you turn on your phone. Pretty cool!
I can't replicate this anymore. It worked just after updating but before I set up iCloud and settings on the iPhone using the questions it asks right after you update.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
So far my two favorite features are the current time line in the calendar, and the ability to see/change flags in the email.

Tigerfan11

Bronze
Dec 3, 2009
Its in a really obscure place. Go to settings- general-accessibility. You can turn it on there.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
Many thanks! That's a cool feature, but your right, a strange place to put it!

heinous

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
This may be old but I just found it and think it's great. You can add icons for web pages to home screen from safari. A lot of site that are already to setup to have a mobile version show up looking like you got it from the app store. Example www.boingboing.net

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Your right that's a good one but already there I think, because I had Urban Dictionary web app before the update. (to keep up w/all the lingo these days) lol and it looked like an app,

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I DL it, but I don't see much use for for for me.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app
I see find my friends as more for your friends where as the find my iPhone app finds all my iDevices on my Apple id.

Tyger_purr

Bronze
Oct 3, 2010
New iPad feature I had not seen listed anywhere.

You can undock the keyboard.

Press and hold the keyboard button and it will give you a popup menu with the options of undock and split.
Once undocked you can use the keyboard button to drag the keyboard up and down the screen.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Haven't upgraded my iPad yet, but can't you swipe to split the keyboard?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Just added an event into my calendar, on my phone, and noticed an option that says invite. Added someone's name and it sent them a notification. Unless I had missed it before, thought this was pretty slick.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Just noticed in the iPod app you can pretty much delete any album/song from w/in the app, pretty much just swipe like you do emails/texts and press the red "delete" button. (I didn't delete one cause I want all the songs on there)

Did anyone notice this already?!