Any news on 3G cases Yet?

gadgetguy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Anyone hear if there are 3G cases available for the new phone?

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Clear Acrylic Case

I can't believe they still sell the Clear Acrylic Case. Didn't it do enough damage to the first iPhone.

gadgetguy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I know Belkin announced some.
I had an Iskin on my old phone. It was too non-slip especially getting it out of your pocket. I will be getting the white phone but I guess it doesn`t matter if its in a case. Maybe someone will come up with a gripable case that you could still see the white back of the phone. That would be awesome!

Eric Johnson

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I hope they come out with an incase. Thats my favorite one. Protects the iPhone very well. Silicon cases are good too!

May 6, 2007
United States
I think that some companies have announced iPhone 3G cases, and I know Vaja is working on some. You can go to vaja.com and go to mobile>Apple or something along the lines of that, and then sign up with your email to receive an update when product information is ready.

Other than that, I am sure all the usual companies will be around for round two. This means incase, belkin, etc.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I hope they come out with an incase. Thats my favorite one. Protects the iPhone very well. Silicon cases are good too!
Incase makes my favorite cases, except the thing I don't like about them is that they usually scratch up the chrome a lot. I hate seeing scratches on my phones, especially phones like the iPhone.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah, Its not like the iPod or iPod touch where you could "buff" the scratches out, once the bezel is scratched its scratched- Unless you buy a new back case for like $30 dollars...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yeah, Its not like the iPod or iPod touch where you could "buff" the scratches out, once the bezel is scratched its scratched- Unless you buy a new back case for like $30 dollars...
Yeah. I wish they did something different with it so it wasn't so...scratchable.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah. I wish they did something different with it so it wasn't so...scratchable.
Yeah but the iPhone is basically a piece of beautiful jewelry- which isn't a bad point:cool:- where you gotta start taking care of from the start.
-Based on how many scratches you have on the bezel, tells a lot about the owner...:p

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I plan on buying a case when I pick up the new phone. I wish I knew what was going to be available on that day at the store! I love my Seidio Innocase, hopefully they make on for the 3G model right away.
I just checked Seidio.com for possible 3G cases and this is kinda funny... look at the pic they have for the new 3G iPhone...someone needs to update their website..

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=1427

May 6, 2007
United States
Yeah but the iPhone is basically a piece of beautiful jewelry- which isn't a bad point:cool:- where you gotta start taking care of from the start.
-Based on how many scratches you have on the bezel, tells a lot about the owner...:p
I feel the opposite, personally. I think that every phone is going to get scratched, so at the same time I do my best to take care of it, I don't let myself get too stressed out about scratches. As long as everything is working fine and looks fine, I am good with it.

I understand wanting to take care your expensive gadgets, but I think that everyone makes mistakes and it is almost impossible to keep something like a phone from getting dented or scratched.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah I guess you are right :( I just wanna protect/ and keep my iPhone looking new as long and possible, but ofcourse like you already mentioned it inevitable that its gonna happen :(

gadgetguy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Yeah I guess you are right :( I just wanna protect/ and keep my iPhone looking new as long and possible, but ofcourse like you already mentioned it inevitable that its gonna happen :(
It will be interesting what the mfg`s come up with the new iPhone. As I said earlier, If you get a "white" iPhone, It will be way cool if you could see the white on the back of the iPhone througt the case. Whoeverer figures that out will make bizziollions!

May 6, 2007
United States
It will be interesting what the mfg`s come up with the new iPhone. As I said earlier, If you get a "white" iPhone, It will be way cool if you could see the white on the back of the iPhone througt the case. Whoeverer figures that out will make bizziollions!
I already figure it out. I invent a new color... Drumroll...

THE NEW, AMAZING, RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME CLEAR CASE!
:cool::laugh2::):mad:;):(

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Hmm...are you sure? My very first iPhone had tons of scratches; as did my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ones. (All Apple warranty replaced)...now being on my 5th iPhone, it has hardly any scratches as Ive learned more properly how to take care of it, and also stopped using cases "/

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Haha! Nah I just playing :)
-Im gonna treat my iPhone like royalty when I get mine :)

-But what about cases? Cause you said that cases scratch them... would it be to just buy an bodyshield and go naked?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Haha! Nah I just playing :)
-Im gonna treat my iPhone like royalty when I get mine :)

-But what about cases? Cause you said that cases scratch them... would it be to just buy an bodyshield and go naked?
Well in my experiences, cases tends to protect the phone from falls and bumps...however dust gets inside, the rubber or whatever material the case is rubs up against the chrome and scratches it. For a while now, ive been carrying it around it with a Crystal clear film or something like that, and I have this slip in case that I used for my enV when I was with Verizon and it protects the phone, but doesn't scratch the screen, back, or chrome because its a suede type material inside. I would recommend an enV case for V1 iPhone...im not sure about the new one.