any news on how many

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 20, 2007
somewhere
any news on how many iPhones att will be getting.i called a store and he said he new but could not tell me but if they ran out i could pay and they would ship it to me.i would hate to stand in line all day and not get one that night.

Survivor61

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
yes I am wondering the same, I would assume the store will get more then AT&T so I am gonna go to the store when I get off work instead.

att_employee

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
yes I am wondering the same, I would assume the store will get more then AT&T so I am gonna go to the store when I get off work instead.
THe exact number of devices available on launch day is a closely-guarded secret (Thanks, Steve). However, I can tell you that 50% of the devices were made available to Apple retail and 50% were made available to AT&T retail. Then they were allocated by region, then market, then district, and finally to store...

Again - I think all stores - Apple & AT&T alike - will sell out by end of businesss Friday night

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
my two stores say they think they wont sell out friday, and that if they do, Apple is having them do phone orders and that the phone orders will take 2-3 days to get to your home....we'll see...

att_employee

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
my two stores say they think they wont sell out friday, and that if they do, Apple is having them do phone orders and that the phone orders will take 2-3 days to get to your home....we'll see...
it's similar to our direct fulfill process, but again, it's limited to available stock

att_employee

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
would 50 per store sound about right.i hope they just don't get something like 10 or less.
Aargh... this is a slippery one.

In my region (a large geographic area), I haven't heard of any stores getting as few as 10 (though perhaps close). I know of stores getting more than 150.

brunn1022

Jun 25, 2007
Cincinnati
I thought that I read somewhere that the inital order was for 2 million phones. Which would average about 100 phones per store if every store were to be shipped the same amount which they are not.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
any news on how many iPhones att will be getting.i called a store and he said he new but could not tell me but if they ran out i could pay and they would ship it to me.i would hate to stand in line all day and not get one that night.
my att person said they are going to keep everyone up to date as to how many phones they have as the night progresses.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Aargh... this is a slippery one.

In my region (a large geographic area), I haven't heard of any stores getting as few as 10 (though perhaps close). I know of stores getting more than 150.
My ATT person is saying they won't know how many they are getting until their shipment comes in...do you guys really know already and she's just bs'n me?

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
i gotta be 100% honest,
i don't think they are gonna sell out...
Apple has been obviously been keeping this a big secret
and yes, the release will be huge...
but think about it....
they are def not worried about losing any money because they are charging us double what it cost them to make...
they will be making a profit after about the first hour i predict...
anyone else agree

att_employee

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
My ATT person is saying they won't know how many they are getting until their shipment comes in...do you guys really know already and she's just bs'n me?
As of yesterday afternoon, I was able to look to see how many were on order for my store. All the stores in my area have done the same, and we've communicated our order amounts to one another.

I anticipate my store will sell out before 8pm, depending on how fast we can move customers through the process

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
att_employee: Are you willing to let us know what region of the country you are posting from? Do you work at a larger city store or a smaller one in the suburbs? Just curious. Thanks.

- SR