Any news yet about iPhone 32 gb?

martigen

Jun 30, 2007
I was expecting the announcement on MacWorld for the iPhone 32 Gb, but was disappointed that it didn't happen. How long you guys think it may take for them to release it? by the Spring, Summer, end of '09?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Nothing definite has been announced. 32 GB does seem like one of the more likely upgrades. I would expect to see the next iPhone refresh in June during WWDC.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm thinking that we can expect a 32 GB announcement and possibly a release this summer. Then again that might just be hopeful thinking.

Jeffois

Bronze
Jun 5, 2008
I was convinced that there would be a memory bump in time for the holidays, so I won't presume to predict anything now. Clearly, I know nothing.

WPeterson

Bronze
Dec 15, 2008
one question, why we need iPhone 32g?

and there's no evidence that Apple will release 32g, but iPhone nano should exist here.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
one question, why we need iPhone 32g?

and there's no evidence that Apple will release 32g, but iPhone nano should exist here.

For people like me who use this phone as their truly all-in-one device. I'd love to have 32GB to carry more music with me. Its nice to have one device that does everything. If I wanted to carry an iPod with my phone, I'd have an iPod and a regular cell phone.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
I've been longing for more capacity too and back in the days when I used an iPod I always upgraded to get more capacity, however, it's never enough.

An alternative is an app I've been beta testing which has just been submitted to the appstore. It makes your iTunes available on your iPhone - just as it is on the desktop - playlists, smart playlists, Genius, movies, radio etc. Your entire library to carry around in tact.

Obviously a connection is required but it just works seemlessly.

I won't mention the apps name for fear of someone shouting SPAM, but look out for it (assuming it gets approval).

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I say they aren't going to release a 32GB one, but a V3 (new iPhone). I am eagerly waiting for the iPhone Nano too, it seems like a nice choice, let's just hope they added the missing features in it.

JimP

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
I've been longing for more capacity too and back in the days when I used an iPod I always upgraded to get more capacity, however, it's never enough.

An alternative is an app I've been beta testing which has just been submitted to the appstore. It makes your iTunes available on your iPhone - just as it is on the desktop - playlists, smart playlists, Genius, movies, radio etc. Your entire library to carry around in tact.

I won't mention the apps name for fear of someone shouting SPAM, but look out for it (assuming it gets approval).
I have been using Simplify Media... which offers some of what you mentioned. Have you tried it and how does the "unnamed" app compare?

/Jim

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Simplify Media does work quite well but I don't always remember to leave my home computer turned on, so I end up disappointed. It is of course my fault though.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Im not sure why people thought that 32gb would be announced at MacWorld, let alone before Christmas.

Last years upgrade was not until Mid February. Also, this time around there is a space problem that they didn't have with 16g. Unlike the touch that has two slots the iPhone only has one slot so it has to have a 32g chip not 2-16s like the touch. 32g were not very cheap last year so it wasn't really viable.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
I have been using Simplify Media... which offers some of what you mentioned. Have you tried it and how does the "unnamed" app compare?

/Jim
I've used Simplify Media too and it is good, but not as much functionality and Simplify Media allows you to play from your music directory rather than play your iTunes library, which is a big difference.

The newly submitted app should be thought of as similar to iTunes remote except that the content is streamed to your iPhone rather than played locally on your PC/Mac.

All of your playlists, Smartlists, Genius lists are there. And you can rate tacks and have the rating appear in iTunes.

It's also a great radio player with search, location based search, favourites etc.

Posts to Twitter of Listening now, Last FM, Seeqpod, email, browse while listening, lyrics, find similar, find cheapest purchase for radio track etc, etc,.

Also does movies.

Pretty much has it all covered.

If there's anything you think is missing I'll pass it on to the developer, though it's probably already in there and I've forgotten to mention it.

WPeterson

Bronze
Dec 15, 2008
back here. and one friend told me that those hi-def musics and videos take a lot sapces, so if you're hd addict, 32g is better. but i don't think Apple will release such device soon.

JimP

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
I've used Simplify Media too and it is good, but not as much functionality and Simplify Media allows you to play from your music directory rather than play your iTunes library, which is a big difference.

The newly submitted app should be thought of as similar to iTunes remote except that the content is streamed to your iPhone rather than played locally on your PC/Mac.

All of your playlists, Smartlists, Genius lists are there. And you can rate tacks and have the rating appear in iTunes.

It's also a great radio player with search, location based search, favourites etc.

Posts to Twitter of Listening now, Last FM, Seeqpod, email, browse while listening, lyrics, find similar, find cheapest purchase for radio track etc, etc,.

Also does movies.

Pretty much has it all covered.

If there's anything you think is missing I'll pass it on to the developer, though it's probably already in there and I've forgotten to mention it.
Sounds good. What about cover art? That is something that I do not think shows up on Simplify Media.

/Jim

Last year, the iPhone got the memory upgrade on February 5, the first Tuesday in the month. It was not announced but it was avialable in the stores on that day. I got a 16GB at AT&T that same day.

This time, I think it will likely be a new model iPhone released that will also have more memory. In the current model, there is no way to put two 16GB chips in there like what the iPod Touch has. Probably summer I am thinking.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009

Will it be free? Or are you going to charge for it?

greg1975

Jan 27, 2009
This is ridiculous

In 2009, there is no justifiable reason for not having > 30GB storage available on any audio+video device, phone or otherwise. As it is, my 4 year old Archos that does A/V recording, playback, touch screen, web, and email is abysmally cramped at 30 GB and here's this "technological" iPhone maxed out at 16GB. I want to get one and have my phone and media in one device but 16GB is just retarded. 8GB is an outright joke. Am I supposed to use just one feature like music? That's counterintuitive. Apple: Yes - Mythbusters proved you CAN polish s**t - but that doesn't make it worth buying.

Break the 30GB barrier or forget it. Nobody seriously using these devices for what they can do actually thinks 16GB is sufficient.

Greg