any one from canada? what plan u guys have?

Nov 24, 2007
hi i've had my iPhone like a month now and i still haven't hooked it up yet. i'm having fun just with the apps lol.. i lovin it... so i think its about time to hook it up.. i live in toronto so i think all i can use is rogers or fido, is that it? anyways i went down to rogers check out there plans, looks like i'm gonna raped by them if i have edge, i don't really know anything when it comes down to how much MB i'm aloud to use before they start raping u with $5 per additional MB.. anyways what plan do u have? does anyone have unlimited

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I've got a friend in Canada and he constantly gripes about the expense of the data plans up there.

Good luck!

Dec 5, 2007
In Vancouver here. I managed to get on a 1gb of data plan for $65.00 a month on top of my regular plan. Normaly i think 200mb is like $80.00 a month.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
In Vancouver here. I managed to get on a 1gb of data plan for $65.00 a month on top of my regular plan. Normaly i think 200mb is like $80.00 a month.
That's outrageous! No wonder they haven't introduced the iPhone up there; nobody would be able to afford the iPhone data plan.:eek:

Nov 24, 2007
is this new ? and can i use this ? anyone using this ? lol
Rogers High Speed Wireless Network (HSPA) is among the fastest wireless networks in the world Imagine the possibilities for you and your businesss when you access the fastest wireless data network in Canada! Data speeds are between 8 and 10 times faster than the current EDGE technology. Therefore businesss customers can benefit from significantly improved download and browsing speeds that are comparable to your office desktop connection.

Benefits:
  • Connect securely to corporate networks.
  • Stay connected in meetings.
  • Use the same laptop on the road and at the office.
  • Work wirelessly in the office or from anywhere there is network availability
  • Access their LAN via a PC Card or mobile device
  • Browse the Internet to get the info you need, when you need it
Rogers Vision is available in parts of southern Ontario only, but check back frequently for coverage updates.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You're only going to get EDGE speeds to work on the iPhone. Also, I found out my buddy pays about $20/month for 5MB. I warned him that I usually use 25MB/month on my iPhone and that most of my surfing is done by wifi.

Nov 24, 2007
ya thats with the blackberry data plan, it says nothing about using Rogers High Speed Wireless Network (HSPA) i think there completely different..

Rogers High Speed Wireless Network (HSPA) Vision service:
-Video calling
-mobile high speed connectivity
-mobile tv
-video on demand
-youtube
-radio on demand
-moble music

The webpage was kinda screwed up so i couldn't copy/paste.. doesn't say anything about prices for the plan.. heres the link: http://your.rogers.com/businesss/wi...sp?shopperID=3S2F2J6E3BH89K1VBDLWBH5RT6490B66

This is the best of both wireless worlds at a discounted price.
Monthly Fee BlackBerry Data Included Voice Minutes Included Additional Usage Rate Recommended Usage Type
$45 4 MB* (BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) only) 150 Weekday Minutes
Unlimited Evenings & Week-ends (9PM-7AM)
Unlimited Incoming Minutes 30¢/minute
$10/MB 10 to 15 e-mails per day
$55 4 MB* (BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) only) 250 Anytime Minutes
Unlimited Evenings & Week-ends (9PM-7AM)
Unlimited Incoming Minutes 30¢/minute
$10/MB 10 to 15 e-mails per day
$75 7 MB* (available for either BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) or BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)) 350 Anytime Minutes
Unlimited Evenings & Week-ends (9PM-7AM) 25¢/minute
$7/MB 40 to 60 e-mails per day
$90 25 MB* (available for either BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) or BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)) 350 Weekday Minutes
Unlimited Evenings & Weekends (9PM-7AM) 20¢/minute
$7/MB 800+ e-mails per day