Any point in updating?

iTrey.Bates

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
Texas
NO! lol had to add the exclamation marks...don't upgrade yet bro...its pretty pointless and you will lose your jailbreak...hope this helps your decision:)

radack1155

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Austin, TX
NO! lol had to add the exclamation marks...don't upgrade yet bro...its pretty pointless and you will lose your jailbreak...hope this helps your decision:)
Haha. Short, sweet and to the point. I guess i won't update! lol

timothy

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
Thousand Oaks, Californication
god I love how much faster the phone reacts when I type or push buttons. There's no lag and it's like how I remember 1.1.4 acting!

elkay

Aug 29, 2007
Torrington, CT
I wouldn't. The update also includes an update to the baseband, which could possibly prevent you from ever being able to unlock the device should an unlock be released. This comes directly from Dev Team.

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
to 2.0.1? Is it worth my jailbreak? Any major differences?
2.0.1 is not worth loosing your jailbreak but there is already a pwned 2.0.1 IPSW out there if you wanna update and remain Jailbroken. Ive installed it but to be honest i don't see much of an improvement. I would have preferred to stay with my jailbroken 2.0 and not had to reinstall all my Jbin apps and tweaks i had done already

OhWhyMe

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
I still have 1.1.4, I guess I will stay with that for a bit longer. When is the updated installer supposed to come out?