Any program that will let me copy MP4 video onto an iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by richardya, Feb 26, 2013.

1. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

I just jailbroke someone's iPad because his syncing was screwed up with iTunes.
    All he wanted to do was to put a MP4 onto his ipad.

The JB worked fine and I have ifile but nothing works. In the Cydia home page they have a few methods for copying to the device.

Diskaid gave me a device full message halfway through, it was not even close to full.(From USB to idevice)
    Then I copied file from my desktop and I see the file but it's half the size it should be and can not transfer to the video library when i see it in iFile.
    Then I did it again and I have no idea where the file is, i didn't buy ifile because it's a trial so I can not search.

iExplorer has no method to copy TO the device.

iFile has no method to copy to the device.

FYI I am in windows and the file is a 1.3 gig.

2. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Depending on the size of your file you could always use dropbox or another similar cloud-based storage service.

3. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

I cant imagine how long it will take do upload a gig, not to mention I am not sure dropbox MP4 will play if it's not in iTunes. I think it might because it (speculation) puts the MP4 in the videos or camera roll.

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

It may take a while to upload and download depending upon your Internet connection speed. The MP4 will play on the iPad in any app through its native viewer. If you can connect to iTunes on anyone's computer you can directly load MP4's into apps like Downloads, OPlayer, Ace player, CineX, et cetera.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I use VLC for storing and playing non-itunes-friendly video files on the iPhone/iPad, but it was pulled from the App Store. You can install it through Cydia now. I've heard GoodPlayer is another good one, and it's still in the App Store. Another option is to stream them from your computer to the iPad with AirVideo. It does live file conversion and works with every file format I've tested.

6. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

I can not vouch for the validity of this site but the program works great, and you do NOT need a jailbreak. I think it's CNET approved so probably no malware.
    http://www.syncios.com/download.html

7. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

I'm getting an error playing mp4 in VLC. Let me try GoodPlayer.

8. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I've used the App Store app iFiles (not to be confused with iFile from Cydia) to transfer media to my iPhone in the past. It supports .mp4 and a host of others. You can transfer though iTunes and USB or via wifi.

9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You can use OPlayer - I've been using it for ages. Plus you can use ftp account and transfer across devices using either a stock or jailbroken iDevice.

*I've just added an mp4 to my iPhone 5 and it plays absolutely fine :)