Any Radio for iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Is there any way to stream FM radio or any radio to the stock iPhone? For ex. on windows mobile you can go to radio4pda.com and listen to live local & nationwide fm radio. There must be at least a website that is iPhone compatible, right?

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
if you have orb on your cpu you can stream things and log into it on your iPhone i listen to howard stern on mine all the time

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
if you have orb on your cpu you can stream things and log into it on your iPhone i listen to howard stern on mine all the time
Correct me if I'm wrong but dosent orb only work on windows computers? I have a MacBook but I could bootcamp it to use orb but I believe I will still need a tv tuner which isn't built in on the macbook. There must be an easier solution.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Correct me if I'm wrong but dosent orb only work on windows computers? I have a MacBook but I could bootcamp it to use orb but I believe I will still need a tv tuner which isn't built in on the macbook. There must be an easier solution.
Orb only needs to run on a local windows computer to listen to our own mp3's or XM or Sirius.

If you want to listen to internet streaming with orb you do not need to have the client running.

Just paste the URL of the stream in to your orb internet radio favorites. Then log in to mycast.orb.com on your iPhone to listen.

You need to find the url to the stream. Not the url to the radio station flash player. I use a window program called url helper to get the actual stream url's for me.

Also, clear channel streams will not work. They set a token so you have to use their player, which is flash and does not run on the iPhone.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
You need to find the url to the stream. Not the url to the radio station flash player. I use a window program called url helper to get the actual stream url's for me.
Where can 1 find this program? I spent hours trying to find URLs by using google then I gave up since 98% of them didn't work.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Orb only needs to run on a local windows computer to listen to our own mp3's or XM or Sirius.

If you want to listen to internet streaming with orb you do not need to have the client running.

Just paste the URL of the stream in to your orb internet radio favorites. Then log in to mycast.orb.com on your iPhone to listen.

Also, clear channel streams will not work. They set a token so you have to use their player, which is flash and does not run on the iPhone.
So I have to bootcamp windows on my macbook, install orb and keep the computer always on to stream?

As much as I HATE clear channel, they have took over all my local radio stations. I could use orb to stream some underground internet radio though it seems there should be an easier way?

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
So I have to bootcamp windows on my macbook, install orb and keep the computer always on to stream?

As much as I HATE clear channel, they have took over all my local radio stations. I could use orb to stream some underground internet radio though it seems there should be an easier way?
iRadio app on Installer... has hundreds of streaming radio and simulcasted stations. It's a little buggy, but for underground radio - it's fantastic!
I'm listening to a jamaican talk radio station from Kingston right now....

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yes, it will work with your stock iPhone. I was trying to give you options for stock since that's what you said in your original post. Some people can't read :)
Thanks! I remember using this when I had my original iPhone. Dosent quite cut it on edge though, always rebuffers in the middle of a song. Another thing I noticed is unless you fully close out the page it will start playing randomly for ex. I pressed the pause button, exited to homescreen and locked my iPhone. During work it randomly started playing my inappropriate music. I remember this happened on my original iPhone too so I got to remember to close the actual page. It is a very good collection of music for streaming though, there was slot of enjoyable music. Is this the closest I'm going to get to streaming radio on the iPhone aside from orb or jailbreaking my iPhone? Thanks!:)

Posted fr. My iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:

ootunes

May 16, 2008
listening to live radio on iPhone

ooTunes is like orb, but runs on mac's and linux too. It's not free ($20) but can stream lots of radio stations (windows media, mp3 and aac). It can also transcode so will work over edge connections too.

(NOTE: I am the developer, and thus, highly biased ;)

Thanks! I remember using this when I had my original iPhone. Dosent quite cut it on edge though, always rebuffers in the middle of a song. Another thing I noticed is unless you fully close out the page it will start playing randomly for ex. I pressed the pause button, exited to homescreen and locked my iPhone. During work it randomly started playing my inappropriate music. I remember this happened on my original iPhone too so I got to remember to close the actual page. It is a very good collection of music for streaming though, there was slot of enjoyable music. Is this the closest I'm going to get to streaming radio on the iPhone aside from orb or jailbreaking my iPhone? Thanks!:)

Posted fr. My iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:

evil_ryu

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
I downloaded an application from the app store on my iPhone desktop, the application is called AOL radio. It has a couple of my favorite stations, including KOOL FM.
ya man i just installed the aol radio and love it.... plus it supports the cbs stations jack fm and kroq all day today for me... i hope it doesn't eat up my battery life