Any review on the Vapor Pro "Black Ops" Element Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Nancy Ruth, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Nancy Ruth

Nancy Ruth New Member

I am going to buy a Vapor Pro Black Ops case for my recently purchased iPhone 4S, but still am concerned about the reception problem and confused by all kinds of sayings, some say this case kills the reception while others say it improves the reception, has any of you guys the Vapor Pro Black Ops case, if you do, could you tell me what's the real deal with reception problem? Is the case worth buying?

BTW, do any dear fellows here know about this website called http://www.superbaccessories.com/ , when I searched for Vapor Pro "Black Ops" (all black) Limited Edition Kit, one of its page comes up that sells this case for a price of $49.99, is it trustworthy? I mean seriously cutting $100 off the original price is a bit impossible and too tempting?

Here's the sales page?

http://www.superbaccessories.com/vapor-pro-black-ops-all-black-limited-edition-kit-p84.html

vapor pro black ops.jpg

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I don't believe you can purchase Vapor cases from anyone but Element.

Best place to check would be Element.

3. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

I'm sure those are just Chinese knockoffs.

4. phonejunkie30

phonejunkie30 Member
    Bronze

I have the case and on the 4 i had no issues with reception but l did have issues with gps reception using navigon after the case was on. I took it off and the gps worked fine I just got the 4s I plan on putting it on tomorrow to see how it does hopefully with the new antenna design it will not have any issues with gps

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. Nancy Ruth

Nancy Ruth New Member

Just ordered this Vapor pro case and AmpliTube iRig from the website, my items will arrive in a few days, I'll take my chances and see what happens by then. Thank you kindly for your replies.

6. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Let us know how you make out. Im curious.

7. Shan S.

Shan S. New Member

Hi. I just bought the Vapor Pro Stealth. It is identical to the black Ops, except that orange piece is black on mine.

I think it may have dropped the antenna bar down one bar. Still not too sure yet I need to start checking with the case on and off the 4s at a few different locations.

It really feels nice on the iPhone. It is really part of the phone and does not feel like a separate item. The texture, ridges, and small curves Make the phone so much easier to hold as it is no longer slippery.

People at my work that saw it really like it. They were just shocked at the cost. It really makes your iPhone unique as many people are not willing to spend the money for the case.

8. Raphaël Veil

Raphaël Veil New Member

piece of advice : DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM ELEMENT CASE

I did that 2 weeks ago and my order just disappeared from their system after a few days. Haven't had any mail from them despite my mails and help tickets. The only number available for them is useless. No one ever picks up, and their answering machine is full so you can't even leave a message. I know for a fact that the reviews are fake or at least filtered cause I left a bad review and it doesn't show on the website.

I'm thinking I've been scammed, or their "fast delivery" slogan is BS.

Either way, this company is a big joke.

9. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Thats really bizarre. I ordered a case on Saturday and received it the following week. They even replied to 2 emails I sent to them about the product.

10. Raphaël Veil

Raphaël Veil New Member

Maybe because I'm a foreigner ? Doesn't really makes me any happier ...
    I know my message was a bit harsh but it's true. Would you consider it normal if you were in my position ?

11. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

For whatever the reason is that they are not responding to you, its unprofessional. Sorry. Their loss right? :)

12. Raphaël Veil

Raphaël Veil New Member

13. Filac2011

Filac2011 New Member

Is Element case a fraud ? I'll 2nd the question around them being fraudulent...It's looking that way.

1st concern, I paid for overnight delivery to find out later they took several days to process the order, gimme a break. So much for speedy delivery.

2nd they guaranteed the new comp case that's $99.00. They supposedly fixed the reception issues, and there CEO makes a statement about it backing up the guarantee on the website. I lost 2-3 Bars ! That's just dishonest.

3rd concern. I opened 2 support tickets thinking the first went unrecoginized or maybe I did something wrong. It's been almost 2 weeks with no response.

Look I understand folks get busy but really thats 3 strikes in a row and no attempt to correct the problem...

Anyone recommend a solution? Or a case thats clear or aluminum bumper?

Thx...

14. ronnie123

ronnie123 Member
    Bronze

Amazon has them for $114

15. Raphaël Veil

Raphaël Veil New Member

Ok so I finally got an answer and it turns out they didn't charge me and they didn't have the order in their system. Still it's very weird because, well :
    1) payment confirmation on the website
    2) order confirmation via email
    3) both orders were being "processed" on Element Case website (login -> "my account" -> "review and track orders") until they completely disappeared a week ago.

I've check with the bank I haven't been charged and I think I won't (I'll let you know if I am though) so basically their problem is mostly their website and the delays to answer custommers I guess (1 ticket, 3 mails, 2 phone calls, 10 week days).

So it's not a scam, just some very unorganized and unprofessional people.

Sorry for all the drama.

16. ronnie123

ronnie123 Member
    Bronze

Got mine today through Amazon. Liking it so far...

17. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Help me understand why these are popular. What am I missing?

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

18. Shan S.

Shan S. New Member

So I have the Vapor pro. The reason why people like them is that they are billet aluminum bumpers. So you get full drop protection, like a thicker case but the benefit is that it keeps the phone very thin and sleek like a Apple bumper.

Also the aluminum bumper really feels like an extension of the phone and not a case so the phone still feels very good in the hand.

Of course the very cool look and finish of the aluminum bumper is unmatched.

19. scope

scope New Member

If this is pukka then wish I'd found it before I got mine! I got the vapor pro black op's and then was clobbered some more for the import duty! (ouch) nice case/bumper granted, and not cheap, but wouldn't again due to import cost mainly! on the other hand the e13ctron bumper is every bit as good if not better IMHO and cheaper, with excellent comms from the company, with a very good price on the packaging for importing if you know what I mean! here's link if anyone's interested http://www.e13ctron.com/

20. alan1001

alan1001 New Member

Look nice but too expensive.