Any review on the Vapor Pro "Black Ops" Element Case?

Feb 2, 2012
I have the case and on the 4 i had no issues with reception but l did have issues with gps reception using navigon after the case was on. I took it off and the gps worked fine I just got the 4s I plan on putting it on tomorrow to see how it does hopefully with the new antenna design it will not have any issues with gps

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
Hi man,

So how did you go with the Vapor Pro case and iPhone 4S? Did the GPS issue resolve? I have that case too, but on an iPhone 4, and it messes the GPS up good and proper. If it doesn't affect the 4S GPS, it may be time to upgrade!

Please let me know how you went with the case and 4S GPS.

Cheers.

phonejunkie30

Bronze
Jul 22, 2009
Grand Prairie Tx
Hi man,

So how did you go with the Vapor Pro case and iPhone 4S? Did the GPS issue resolve? I have that case too, but on an iPhone 4, and it messes the GPS up good and proper. If it doesn't affect the 4S GPS, it may be time to upgrade!

Cheers.
it has not interfered with gps on the 4gs I got the special addition veteran one it's sweet

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hi man,

Cheers.
The Vapor Comps have a polycarbonate cap and thereforee won't interfere with the signal on the iPhone 4. The other Element models are fine on the 4S, but I don't recommend any of them (except the Comp) with an iPhone 4.

phonejunkie30

Bronze
Jul 22, 2009
Grand Prairie Tx
The Vapor Comps have a polycarbonate cap and thereforee won't interfere with the signal on the iPhone 4. The other Element models are fine on the 4S, but I don't recommend any of them (except the Comp) with an iPhone 4.
Thanks for catching that I thought he had the iPhone 4S also excuse my typing error i put in my earlier response 4GS yeah that model doesn't exist even though our AT&T model supposedly gets the speeds of H+

Shan S.

Oct 23, 2011
Okay the Vapor pro Cases sold through Casesinthebox are the fake Vapor pro cases. Think about it. Element Cases the maker of the Vapor Pro cases, sell their cases directly from the Website for $129-150.00 How is the casesinthe box selling it at only 29.00. I bought mine directly from Element cases, and actually got a card saying it was genuine.. They are giving those to the customers now because of all the fakes.

Check out Element Cases website.. Here is the link: https://www.elementcase.com/Element-Case-Products-a/253.htm

Element cases know about all these fake products out here, that is why they include that card in the box with a number on it stating it is real.

Check their site out and only buy from them or one of their partners listed on the site.

bosco2012

Mar 6, 2012
i think i don't consider to buy a case over $100 for my iPhone 4S, if The Fake Vapor pro 's quality is very good, why don't you accept it ?

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Okay the Vapor pro Cases sold through Casesinthebox are the fake Vapor pro cases. Think about it. Element Cases the maker of the Vapor Pro cases, sell their cases directly from the Website for $129-150.00 How is the casesinthe box selling it at only 29.00. I bought mine directly from Element cases, and actually got a card saying it was genuine.. They are giving those to the customers now because of all the fakes.

Check out Element Cases website.. Here is the link: https://www.elementcase.com/Element-Case-Products-a/253.htm

Element cases know about all these fake products out here, that is why they include that card in the box with a number on it stating it is real.

Check their site out and only buy from them or one of their partners listed on the site.
Element has GREAT customer service. Love them.

Shan S.

Oct 23, 2011
i think i don't consider to buy a case over $100 for my iPhone 4S, if The Fake Vapor pro 's quality is very good, why don't you accept it ?
The fake cases are not very good I have seen them.. The thing about Element cases is they use billet Aluminum, so the metal is very strong, and they do a very, very good job anodizing the metal, so that it does not chip or wear out..

Why not accept a fake product.. Well it is like anything else.. You buy a certain product for their quality, reputation, etc. and people who buy Element cases want a high end case for their phone... Would you buy a fake iPhone, or another fake Apple product? probably not.. as you want the quality of the product..

It is the same with element cases people want it for their reputation, and quality..... If you like the fake version, that's fine.. But I bet it will not last as well, it will chip faster, etc.. It is like anything else.. The fake product is never as good as the original.​

Apr 29, 2012
The fake cases are not very good I have seen them.. The thing about Element cases is they use billet Aluminum, so the metal is very strong, and they do a very, very good job anodizing the metal, so that it does not chip or wear out..​
Why not accept a fake product.. Well it is like anything else.. You buy a certain product for their quality, reputation, etc. and people who buy Element cases want a high end case for their phone... Would you buy a fake iPhone, or another fake Apple product? probably not.. as you want the quality of the product..​
It is the same with element cases people want it for their reputation, and quality..... If you like the fake version, that's fine.. But I bet it will not last as well, it will chip faster, etc.. It is like anything else.. The fake product is never as good as the original.​
Yes,I can't agree more on you! will never accept my fashion iPhone 4S arm with a low class case, just ridiculous as Princess Diana wear a village girls' dress get all the taste fade out... just share my iPhone 4S case and hope this could get some knock-off users taste improved...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Yes,I can't agree more on you! will never accept my fashion iPhone 4S arm with a low class case, just ridiculous as Princess Diana wear a village girls' dress get all the taste fade out... just share my iPhone 4S case and hope this could get some knock-off users taste improved...
What?

yuesir

May 3, 2012
Amazon has them for $114 ! but I thought it's too expensive !

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
So I have the Vapor pro. The reason why people like them is that they are billet aluminum bumpers. So you get full drop protection, like a thicker case but the benefit is that it keeps the phone very thin and sleek like a Apple bumper.

Also the aluminum bumper really feels like an extension of the phone and not a case so the phone still feels very good in the hand.

Of course the very cool look and finish of the aluminum bumper is unmatched.
they are actually very poor for drop protection. As the nice hard aluminium only helps the iPhone destroy itself :)

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
$89.99 is a rip-off! You can get the same case but with a different name on eBay! Def cleave I believe it's called. I got mine for £20 GBP.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
$89.99 is a rip-off! You can get the same case but with a different name on eBay! Def cleave I believe it's called. I got mine for £20 GBP.
It's not the same case. It's a company that has replicated the design of the case. Not to say that some knock offs aren't good, but there is a difference. Same goes for the Element Vapor cases.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
It's not the same case. It's a company that has replicated the design of the case. Not to say that some knock offs aren't good, but there is a difference. Same goes for the Element Vapor cases.
I know. I purchased the def cleave case and my friend had the real one. Mine was just a good.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
Help me understand why these are popular. What am I missing?

Target

Me too!
I'm going for lifeproof I don't get what's so expensive about these covers and losing bars? one drop bang bye phone or one splash from the pool!? Nope I'm hard on phones lol need lifeproof or an otter

Shan S.

Oct 23, 2011
Me too!
I'm going for lifeproof I don't get what's so expensive about these covers and losing bars? one drop bang bye phone or one splash from the pool!? Nope I'm hard on phones lol need lifeproof or an otter

First of all the person who stated that one drop in an element case will break the iPhone does not know what they are talking about.

I have a element case (as stated in earlier posts) and have yes dropped it a few times and have not had issues with the iPhone breaking apart. It is rigid forged aluminum frame around the phone. It takes the impact and does not transfer energy to the iPhone.

No, it will not protect from the water/ pool. Also it never said it would do that. Only life proof and a few others will do that.

The reason why people like it? The feel, the looks, the fact that it is a very well styled rigid frame style case. I also have the carbon back cover so perfect scratch protection.

Again it is a matter of personal taste. There are better cases out there for full protection (lifeproof). But they are fairly large and add thickness.

It really comes down to personal preference as many people do not want a heavy thick case.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app