Any review on the Vapor Pro "Black Ops" Element Case?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Shan, it is possible for the screen to crack on the first drop (with an Element Vapor case). It happened to someone here on eiC. I use an Element Vapor Comp because I love the look, but it's not a highly protective case like an Otterbox or Lifeproof so I try to treat it as if it's naked. That being said, I did drop it on concrete from hip-level once and it scuffed the corner of the case a little, but the screen was fine.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Shan, it is possible for the screen to crack on the first drop (with an Element Vapor case). It happened to someone here on eiC. I use an Element Vapor Comp because I love the look, but it's not a highly protective case like an Otterbox or Lifeproof so I try to treat it as if it's naked. That being said, I did drop it on concrete from hip-level once and it scuffed the corner of the case a little, but the screen was fine.
That would be me. Shattered my phone but the customer service hooked me up. (Apple and Element)

I agree with Europa. I use the Element case just because of the way it looks. Not for the protection.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Shan S.

Oct 23, 2011
Sorry to hear that.. Man mines been thrown, hit the ground many, times, etc and has not had that happen. But i guess no case is 100% full proof..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Sorry to hear that.. Man mines been thrown, hit the ground many, times, etc and has not had that happen. But i guess no case is 100% full proof..
I'm using an Element Sector 5 on my iPhone 5 now. I've dropped my 4, 4S, and 5 several times (concrete, asphalt and ceramic tile) while they were in various Element cases and I've never had one break. But I think the odds of it cracking are much higher if it lands face down, and mine have always landed on a side or corner.