Any significant features with SDK 2.0?

Hockey Puck

Bronze
Jan 22, 2008
PHOENIX ARIZONA
Are there any new features on the new SDK, or do we have to wait until June for anything significant.

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
sdk allows developers to start* working on their apps.. We have to wait until they are made and ready to use. So all we can do is wait for a couple of months and hear about the great apps being made. I think its ganna be fun watching these develop

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The SDK is a free download that allows anybody to develop apps for the iPhone. It comes with an iPhone simulator so that you can test your apps as well. To have your apps used by Apple, you must pay $99. Also with this, your SDK is made so that you can transfer the apps you have made the actual iPhone, so that you can test them with the native hardware. Apps will become available in June with iPhone Software 2.0.

- John

stiphone

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
Is anyone here downloading the sdk? I had half a mind to download the sdk and start trying to program for the iPhone. Not too sure if it's too tough as I've not been programming for a long long time. Anyone know of any good place to start reading up on the programming and maybe a good tutorial? Not too sure what app I should start off with. Maybe somthing simple to get the confidence going.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Is anyone here downloading the sdk? I had half a mind to download the sdk and start trying to program for the iPhone. Not too sure if it's too tough as I've not been programming for a long long time. Anyone know of any good place to start reading up on the programming and maybe a good tutorial? Not too sure what app I should start off with. Maybe somthing simple to get the confidence going.
Well, I've registered as a dev, but I'm having major issues getting to the download page. This thing is a very popular download.

- John

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
develop an app that makes tranq darts shoot out the headphone jack. Call it point-n-drop.

stiphone

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
develop an app that makes tranq darts shoot out the headphone jack. Call it point-n-drop.
:laugh2: That is a tremendous idea. Then the iPhone can also be considered a weapon and thus would not be allowed past the security checkpoints in Airports...:p

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Or create one to shoot out the SIM and rapid speeds, horridly injuring people.*

* You may need to get a new SIM as well as SIM tray.

- John

rcrush

Jul 26, 2007
So with the SDK thats out now will we be able to use programs that people develop right away or do we have to wait till june?

stiphone

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
So with the SDK thats out now will we be able to use programs that people develop right away or do we have to wait till june?
Well, there seems to be no platform to deliver the Apps created by the pioneer SDK developers until June when Apple releases the App Store. So my assumption would be that Apps will only be available to us in June. Until then, the only Apps you can get on your iPhone will be jailbroken iPhone Apps.