Any sure way to know if its unlocked other than SIM card?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
so i sold my iPhone, had a hell of a time downgrading from 2.0 to 1.1.4 but i figured it out after many hours, if any of you need to know i have posted a link that helps but pm me if you can't find it. anyways i jailbroke and unlocked using ziPhone 2.6b (what i always used on my iPhone) under the "do it all" command. worked like always, i'm just wondering if there is any way to tell if it is unlocked other than putting in a different sim card? i don't see any reason it shouldn't work, but i don't want to ship it to the guy and have it not work either. the guy i sold it to lives a couple states away and he is going to be running tmobile on it. i don't know anyone that has tmobile or any other cell phone around here other than verizon. thanks for reading.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
If you know someone else that has AT&T, try their SIM. If it works, then your good.
This doesn't seem like it would prove anything. If he had tmobile I would think that would be a way.

I am having the same problem.. I jb and unlocked but there is no real way of knowing if it unlocked

The iPhone wont take any other sim except yours if it is still locked even if you put another AT&T sim. So you can insert one of your friends AT&T sim to test it. If you can make calls with a different AT&T sim then your iPhone is unlocked.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
nice, i'm shipping it out early tomorrow morning and i'm at class all day, i just don't see any reason it shouldn't be unlocked or does it not work some of the time? i clicked do it all and it ran as it should have (ziPhone) so should i have any inclination that it isn't unlocked? i'm probably just being over cautious.