Any themes for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'Themes' started by fonzy, Feb 5, 2013.

1. fonzy

fonzy New Member

Has anyone started theming their iPhone 5 after the evasi0n release? I can't find any that are formatted for the iPhone 5.

2. iNurse

iNurse Contributor
    Silver

i used the buuf iPhone 5 HD It is so cute!

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

5. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Can't find this in Cydia. I only see buuf iPhone 4 HD.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Many themes aren't available in Cydia, but you can still install them with iFile, SSH or DiskAid, etc. Here's a link for Buff 5 HD if you want to use one of those methods:

#6 Europa, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
  7. iNurse

iNurse Contributor
    Silver

Thank you~

How do I find other themes that I can download like Buuf. I have both diskaid and file

#7 iNurse, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
  8. jooley

jooley Member
    Bronze

I'm using Carla. Love it!

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I go to macthemes, modmyi and deviantART.

10. iNurse

iNurse Contributor
    Silver

whats carla?

UPDATE: Just googled it! Thanks

11. iNurse

iNurse Contributor
    Silver

Thanks!

12. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Most of those themes are all in Cydia, but Boss.iOS isn't. You can apply themes downloaded in Cydia through WinterBoard. I recommend taking it slowly and sticking with Winterboard at first. Installing themes via iFile, SSH or DiskAid on day one after jailbreaking for the first time is jumping into the deep end right off the bat. I'm happy to help you with specific questions, but you'll want to learn a little bit about the file system before manually installing themes.

I also strongly recommend taking it slowly with the jailbreak in general since you're just barely getting into this. A lot of people who don't end up needing to restore because they installed too much too fast. I like to install apps one at a time and test for stability in between apps and tweaks. It makes it easier to isolate problems. Not only do you need to make sure apps/tweaks/themes are compatible with your firmware, you have to make sure they are compatible with each other.

14. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Thanks Mindi. Great advice. This jail breaking thing is a little overwheleming. Haha.

I donwload Winterboard...will look for a theme to buy and then try and do it and see what happens.

Thanks again.

15. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

So when I look at a theme in Cydia it shows something like... Package and then underneath that it shows something like ... 190 icons or 80 icons or whatever.

What exactly does that mean? Does it mean that 190 icons of all different varieties have been converted to the theme and will be there when you get it?

I told you guys...you have created a monster. Just tell me if I'm being too much of a PITA and I'll stop asking questions for 12 hours. :D

I really do appreciate all the help. I still haven't done anything. Hahaha.

EDIT: some themes also show "Automatic App Icons"... what does that mean?

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

All themes vary in the amount of icons they include. Some just have the stock icons and some have hundreds of third party app icons. You can find even more icons on the web. You'll have to do some of the work yourself (fixing the file names or finding the icons yourself and adding them in with iFile or SSH) if you want every icon to be themed.

I'm really anal and want every icon to be themed if I'm going to use a theme - and that can be a lot of work. I spent countless hours working on themes when I was really into it a few years ago. I'm not even using Winterboard right now. I'm content with just shrinking my icons and hiding the labels now.

"Automatic app icons" apply Photoshop layers and masks to the stock icons to auto-theme them.

17. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

OMG. What have I gotten myself in to? :D

Guess I'll cross that bridge when the time comes. Maybe the time will never come. lol

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I forgot that I also changed my dock. You can do that without WinterBoard. It's several steps but it only takes a couple minutes with iFile. It used to be quicker and simpler to theme a couple years ago. Springtomize 2 does allow some customization without WinterBoard. In addition to iFile, also check out BiteSMS, Bulletin, Auxo, Activator, BytaFont, SnowCover and ProTube. Those are some of my favorites. Accelerate is also very popular and you might like it.

19. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

How stable is all this stuff on ios 6? So far I haven't installed Winterboard or any themes. Has stuff settled down enough with the new OS and jailbreak for themes to be stable?

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I've had more minor issues with this jailbreak than any other in the past, but I don't blame the jailbreak itself. It's that a lot of the apps and tweaks aren't fully compatible with the firmware or each other. It's nothing serious; just random resprings and occasional crashing apps. The strangest one is when my dock starts flashing in a rapid strobe-like pattern about 3x per second. It only happens when I'm on a phone call (I use Bluetooth so I can see the screen, if you're wondering) and it goes away when I tap the screen. I'm not using WinterBoard or any dock tweaks. I've had the phone lock up a couple times as well, but a hard reset worked.