Any touch ID app to access apps on my iPhone?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The way you expressed your question completely confused me. Just saying' ...
He wants to password-protect individual apps with the fingerprint scanner. Certain apps have this built in such as DropBox and Google Drive, but they only way to customize it and assign apps that don't natively support the scanner or a passcode is through jailbreaking.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
He wants to password-protect individual apps with the fingerprint scanner. Certain apps have this built in such as DropBox and Google Drive, but they only way to customize it and assign apps that don't natively support the scanner or a passcode is through jailbreaking.
Ok, so in that case, Here are my few questions :-

How is jailbreak different than the bundled ios ?

Can i roll back if i have to give my iphone to the service centre when its under warranty ?

How does cydia work ?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ok, so in that case, Here are my few questions :-

How is jailbreak different than the bundled ios ?

Can i roll back if i have to give my iphone to the service centre when its under warranty ?

How does cydia work ?
1. It allows you to install apps that were not approved by Apple for various reasons and customize iOS.
2. You can restore to factory settings and remove the jailbreak at any time. The warranty will not be affected.
3. Similar to the App Store.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
1. It allows you to install apps that were not approved by Apple for various reasons and customize iOS.
2. You can restore to factory settings and remove the jailbreak at any time. The warranty will not be affected.
3. Similar to the App Store.
Can you tell me how do i jailbreak ?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Okay. You're golden. Download Pangu, disable Find My iPhone, go into Airplane mode, turn off your passcode lock/touch ID and run Pangu. Make sure you use a computer with iTunes. It only takes a minute or two.
http://en.pangu.io/
And what if i encounter any issue in jailbreak and would like to uninstall it ?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
And what if i encounter any issue in jailbreak and would like to uninstall it ?
Restore in iTunes. You will lose your ability to jailbreak at that point because 8.1.1 came out today and it's not jailbreakable. 8.1 is still being signed by Apple right now, so you could shift + restore to 8.1 if you thought you might want to jailbreak again. The signing window will likely close some time within the next couple days. If you don't care about future jailbreakablity, just press the restore button.