Any UFC fans around here?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I'm pretty much what they call a die-hard UFC and MMA fan in general. I grew up watching the WWE and still do from time to time but certainly not as much as before. So just out of curiosity, any UFC fans around here?

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I enjoy watching MMA and the UFC. For a while we got together every month to watch the PPV fights, but after a couple of lackluster fights we backed off a little and try to catch the bigger fights. The last fight we watched was the rematch with Conner and Diaz. Unfortunately my brother-in-law and father-in-law are going out of town to watch my niece's basketball game this weekend so I won't catch UFC 205.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
@Tattooed Alex Oh man, I am so excited for UFC 205 but I'm not really the blockbuster type since I watch every single match, even the early prelims and The Ultimate Fighter show. The recent Tony Ferguson vs. Rafael dos Anjos fight is one of the best I've ever seen and I recommend you watch a replay.

I'm not too excited for Conor vs. Alvarez because even though I respect Eddie as a fighter, I just don't like or enjoy his fighting style, much like GSP.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I agree, that was a phenomenal show. I was quite disappointed that Kelvin and Cerrone's fight got canceled, but overall I was satisfied with the show and it did live up to the hype. I always liked Miesha but I always knew she wasn't going to remain champion for long, mainly because the evolution of female MMA fighters is just too much for her at this point. Her win against Holly Holm was nothing more than a fluke, in my honest opinion, because Holm was basically dominating her in the earlier rounds.

Although I don't like Ronda, I am excited to see her back, but Amanda is an animal and I think Ronda should have gotten a bit of an easier fight early on just to clear her mind and get back into the game mentally.

Conor is a beast, and I cannot wait for him to fight Khabib in the future.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
The PPV was great and the pre-fights were just as good. Edgar looked awesome, but he has to stay consistent to get a title shot. I would like to see Khabib get a title shot. If Conner can avoid the takedown I think Conner can beat him, but avoiding the takedown wont be so easy. I like Miesha and I was disappointed in her performance and think she made the right call when a fighter she coached beat her. The talent in the women's division has vastly improved in the last few years which probably means Rhonda will probably retire as well if she loses. Nunes is a beast so Rhonda will have her hands full if she can't get an arm bar quickly.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Ronda had her moments in the UFC and I believe she truly was the greatest female fighter at the time. Times have changed, however, and Amadana brings a whole new level to the table and I agree with you, Ronda won't make it unless she gets an arm bar quickly or at least tries and controls her on the ground. Let's not forget that Amanada is Brazilian and probably has a beast ground game as well.