Any User reviews on SplashID?

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
SplashID may be the one App I may actually need...

any reviews on this from people who have tried the iPhone version?
Does it sync well with the desktop (i assume the desktop part is free right?) thx

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I will do a proper review at some point, but I've been using it for several days and can offer a few initial impressions:

-- Sync works *great*. You need to download a desktop companion app (that is offered as a 30-day trial, but is not free), setuo is easy and quick and it syncs wirelessly within your home network. Very nice, and syncs seem super quick so far, though I've not imported or entered masses of data so may be slower if you've got tons of data.

-- The app works nicely overall - seems solid, no crashes. Easy to work with.

-- Interface wise it is 'basic' to put it nicely, and kinda old-fashioned / ugly looking compared to some other rival apps (eWallet for example) if I don't feel like being nice :)

You do have to pay for the desktop app after the trial at $19.95. So really this becomes a $30 app if you want / need sync (as the iPhone app is $9.99). That seems a little steep - but guess we'll need to see what others will charge for full iPhone + desktop / web sync ...

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Thanks patrickj-
wow- $30. The desktop sync is what i really need. I didn't know they charged for the desktop part! thanks for this info.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
You're welcome. And yeah, without sync these apps are of very little use.

Yeah, $30 just feels a lot with the way early days App Store pricing has been.

But ... will be interesting to see whether this ends up being around the mark for most of the more established sort of apps in this area (with proper track records and strong encryption and real desktop apps etc.).

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I've used Splash ID on my Palm OS and Pocket PC devices and I have to say it's by far the best password application out there. I already bought the iPhone version and will definitely be buying the desktop application to go along with it.

thomasanderson

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I've used Splash ID on my Palm OS and Pocket PC devices and I have to say it's by far the best password application out there. I already bought the iPhone version and will definitely be buying the desktop application to go along with it.
I Concur with the above post!

mshaw1515

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
anyone know if you can save images - IE passports, license, credit cards?

mshaw1515

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
for me it's easier to scan my cards and other important documents and save images to your phone than type everything in...

i have pics of the front and back of my cards - i know - probably the stupidest thing ever - but it's really convenient to have...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If you have used SplashID for the iPhone, please take a minute to enter your rating (and review if you have time) in the new iPhone App Store Review section here at EIC.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Last edited:

Bannod

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
At the beach, WA
If you're an existing SplashID desktop user, you can get the new iPhone desktop at no charge.

I love this program. I can finally put away my PDA for good.

brian5

Jul 15, 2008
CT, USA
Really like this app. Have been using it on my home and work desktops and my Palm device for years. Have hundreds of logins (mainly websites) and their passwords. Now I can finally retire my Palm Tungsten C!

The current version, 4.0, is the first release and has a couple of bugs. Still usable and I'm not seeing any data loss issues. 4.02 should be released soon --- it has been delivered to iTunes (I had previously said Apple) store.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Really like this app. Have been using it on my home and work desktops and my Palm device for years. Have hundreds of logins (mainly websites) and their passwords. Now I can finally retire my Palm Tungsten C!

The current version, 4.0, is the first release and has a couple of bugs. Still usable and I'm not seeing any data loss issues. 4.02 should be released soon --- it has been delivered to Apple store.
Wow, they are going to sell it in the stores?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Just noticed eWallet is out. What is the difference between this and SplashID? I have never used either, but eWallet sounds like a good App.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I just received my unlock code for the desktop version of the app, since I was a previous user of Splash ID for the Palm OS. This really surprised me, as I thought that I would have to plunk down another $20 for the desktop version and this swayed me away from any other app of this category. They really do over at Splashdata take care of their customers. Oh, the fact that I can sync wirelessly from my iPhone to my Mac is amazing!

brian5

Jul 15, 2008
CT, USA
Wow, they are going to sell it in the stores?
Instead of Apple store, I should have said iTunes store. That's the way that the apps are being deliverd. SplashID 4.03 is not yet posted by Apple on iTunes.