any way to access files without openSSH?

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Archives' started by PepeRB29, Jul 14, 2008.

1. PepeRB29

PepeRB29 New Member

i can't ssh onto my phone, the screen is half dead and i can't turn ssh or wifi on, is there any way to hack onto the iPhone's files (I NEED to get iPhonevideorecorder files off it before i restore) other than this? here is the complete story of what happened if you are interested

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/big-iphone-problem.27804/

i just really need to get these off and then restore so i can take my phone in and see if this is covered under warranty. thanks.

#1 PepeRB29, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  2. PepeRB29

PepeRB29 New Member

actually, if anyone knows or can think of a way to just enable wifi without going into settings i think that would work. i know it is a long shot, but i really need to get these videos off.

also, can anyone confirm that if i do a restore my videos will still be saved to the hard disk of the phone in the ivideorecorder file?

3. enigmanic

enigmanic New Member
    Silver

iBrickr and iPhonebrowser (both for PC) allows you to access your iPhone's contents without SSH. However, if your firmware is 1.1.2 or higher, you would need to install "iBrickr Fix" from Installer in order for the app to recognize your jailbroken phone.

Sorry to hear about your iPhone problems. If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know.

p.s. Doing a restore will most certainly wipe out all your video files, unfortunately.

4. PepeRB29

PepeRB29 New Member

unfortunately i cannot install anything from installer as the Install button is in the upper "dead zone" portion of my screen. this is extremely annoying. thanks for the help and i will see if there is any way i can get these on there....