any way to hide text messages on the outside of the locked screen?

aaronj2005

Bronze
Aug 11, 2008
When the screen is locked and I received a text messages, the actual message shows on the outside of the screen. can i hide that option? thanks.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
go into settings and disable the SMS preview. This should take care if it.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
settings>general>passcode restriction>enter password> SMS preview off.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
When the screen is locked and I received a text messages, the actual message shows on the outside of the screen. can i hide that option? thanks.
The only way to do this on a stock phone is to use the passcode lock. Just do what Kenneth suggested.

redstar299

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
you can jailbreak and get intelliscreen which give you a tiny alert at the top or iblacklist which filters it

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
why do you ask and then answer for youself?
Maybe you should jailbreak it then.
Good luck :)

apercele79

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
i did my sms preview off, but it the preview still shows up..anyone know y?
i have a jailbroken 3G by the way

thanks

icecreamman2

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
san francisco/vancouver
when you turn sms preview off you have to be using passcode lock... if you put in a passcode then turnit off then turn off passcode lock it wont work..

apercele79

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
when you turn sms preview off you have to be using passcode lock... if you put in a passcode then turnit off then turn off passcode lock it wont work..
thank you but what a dumb thing to do.....i have to use a password if i don't want the preview :(

thanks again!

redstar299

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
jailbreak the iPhone, there is a new app on there that stops it and gives u a little icon on top for mail, sms and missed phone calls-it's absurd that Apple couldn't figure out how to do this on the so called worlds smartest smartphone

apercele79

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
jailbreak the iPhone, there is a new app on there that stops it and gives u a little icon on top for mail, sms and missed phone calls-it's absurd that Apple couldn't figure out how to do this on the so called worlds smartest smartphone
thanks for the reply, is this app found in INSTALLER and what's it called?

redstar299

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
it's in Cydia and it's called intelliscreen. I have it and it works great. It also gives you a home screen like on the windows mobile phones and appflow speeddial without having slide to unlock. It also let's you set alerts for missed calls, emails and SMS. I always found myself missing email and SMS because it's set to such a low volume and you can't change it. The app rocks!

apercele79

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
it's in Cydia and it's called intelliscreen. I have it and it works great. It also gives you a home screen like on the windows mobile phones and appflow speeddial without having slide to unlock. It also let's you set alerts for missed calls, emails and SMS. I always found myself missing email and SMS because it's set to such a low volume and you can't change it. The app rocks!
downloading it as we speak, i will be testing it out in a couple of min.

thanks redstar!

redstar299

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
its cool and the support is good. Its a little tricky to set up but once you get it going its good - hit back if you need help

tgeekb

Aug 4, 2008
I tried Intelliscreen but it slowed my iPhone wayyyyy down.

apercele79

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
i got it too for my sms problem, bur since the NFL and NCAA football scores take 3/4 of the screen, there is no more room for my SMS notifications. the other quarter of the screen is taken up by the 5day weather forecast, so much for my initial SMS issue :)