Any way to make it remember the wi-fi password?

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by MuddyPaws, Oct 3, 2011.

1. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Stupid thing. It randomly stops playing Netflix so I have to unplug it and plug it back in. Then I have to reset the wi-fi password. It's a small thing but it pisses me off. Am I missing a "save password" check box somewhere? Or "remember wi-fi settings"?

2. ed2438

ed2438 Contributor
    Bronze

It should automatically remember the wifi password. I have unplugged my Apple tv 2 before and it still works fine. Have you tried restoring it?

3. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Is that the solution to everything Apple? Seems every time an Apple product has a problem the forst response is to restore it.

Pretty much like Apple people used to (still do) make fun of Windows....close all windows and re-boot.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

No. That's everyone here's advice when they have no other ideas. I would try resetting network settings first.

5. ed2438

ed2438 Contributor
    Bronze

:eek:

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Sorry. That wasn't really directed at you. However, it seems that people jump to the "restore" solution when there may be other, less drastic solutions.

7. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Old story. I had two iPad's at my mom's house and only one would stay on her wifi AP. Both units are under a week old and the AP is new too. Figured out that the one would not hold the password past about 10 mins activity.

Eventually configured security on the AP as open/non-authenticated with MAC filtering to keep the neighbors out. Is that an option for you? Not like many neighbors know how to MAC-spoof and those that do can do a good try on WPA2 or whatever you're running currently, anyway.

Sorry for all the techno-babble but no other way to say it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

8. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Didn't think of that. Might be an option.