Any way to sync notes or text data?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RyanP

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Does anybody have a good way to synch notes or text data with the iPhone? I'm frustrated that notes don't seem to synch with Outlook. I like to be in Outlook and take notes about phone conversations or make shopping lists. Ideally these notes would synch up with the phone so when I'm on the road (or in the store), I'd have all the information right there. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Ryan

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Does anybody have a good way to synch notes or text data with the iPhone? I'm frustrated that notes don't seem to synch with Outlook. I like to be in Outlook and take notes about phone conversations or make shopping lists. Ideally these notes would synch up with the phone so when I'm on the road (or in the store), I'd have all the information right there. Any suggestions? Thanks!
No way to sync Notes yet. But...

I use Notes within Contacts as a work-around. A note in a Contact can be huge (as in dozens and dozens of pages long).

What I do is name my "Notes" (i.e., really Contacts) with "#Note: Description of note" in the company name field. Then I add my notes as a note. By prefacing with # they all sort together, out of the way of regular contacts.

I am taking a note about a telephone conversation with an existing contact then I just use the note field for that contact.

YMMV, but till note syncing is added to the iPhone this seems to work for me.

--
Mike