Anybody Check A2DP Yet?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Is Apple building in support for A2DP on the iPhone. It's not a biggie for me, but it is for some. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Relax, someone will hack it again and it won't be all that long.
I wish I could say I had confidence in that, but right now it ain't looking good. The iPod Touch is locked down pretty tight, and it has yet to be jailbreaked. The iPhone is now locked down the same as the Touch.

Money is far from the issue of course. If I could buy an iPhone right now with a guarantee that I could have my mods and third-party apps--and keep them--I would buy another.

I've even considered paying someone with a 1.0.2 iPhone $100 to swap with my 1.1.1.

I have never felt so passionately about a damn phone before, but there you have it.

--
Mike

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I wish I could say I had confidence in that, but right now it ain't looking good. The iPod Touch is locked down pretty tight, and it has yet to be jailbreaked. The iPhone is now locked down the same as the Touch.

Money is far from the issue of course. If I could buy an iPhone right now with a guarantee that I could have my mods and third-party apps--and keep them--I would buy another.

I've even considered paying someone with a 1.0.2 iPhone $100 to swap with my 1.1.1.

I have never felt so passionately about a damn phone before, but there you have it.

--
Mike
I understand where you're coming from, but trust me - the iPhone and iPod will be cracked... probably by the same companies that already have cracks out there for the pre-1.1.1 patch. Give it time man, you will be able to get back in there.

I never hacked my phone. Now that I can make ringtones with iTunes I don't use reingtonemaker anymore (not that I could use it anymore right now).

Keep the faith, someone will break it once again. There's no such thing as an unhackable electronic device. They thought the SIM was unhackable and a few months later some kid hacked it. :laugh2:

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I don't care about the price drop, I don't know what the heck you are talking about.

OJ was right on the money with his reply.

--
Mike
Sorry if my assessment was incorrect. Just seems like a great many of your posts of late have been very negative and critical.

Oh, and I totally agree with tharmsen - the people who brought you all the stuff you love are undoubtedly working hard to get back into the system. It's just a matter of time. Remember how short the gestation period was from the iPhone's initial release to the first hack to where we were early this week. Considering how tightly the os was locked, that was pretty fast work...

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Mark, assuming that's a Pitts in the background of your avatar, how did you feel the first time you saw one up close and realized you could almost fit it in the back of your pickup?! I couldn't get passed how small those things are! And I race a classic Mini...

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
you must have a very interesting life.......:sick:
I don't have a life anymore, the iPhone took it over. Just ask my wife, daughter, friends, and relatives. I received this in an email this morning:
"Eric says he doesn't know how to fix this. We have got to get this fixed
for billing. I'll call you at 8:00 your time in case you haven't been
playing with your I-toy
. Thanks, Carolyn"

OMG it's affecting my work now! :p:p:p

--
Mike

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I don't have a life anymore, the iPhone took it over. Just ask my wife, daughter, friends, and relatives. I received this in an email this morning:
"Eric says he doesn't know how to fix this. We have got to get this fixed
for billing. I'll call you at 8:00 your time in case you haven't been
playing with your I-toy. Thanks, Carolyn"

OMG it's affecting my work now! :p:p:p

--
Mike
Mike you are in my iprayers.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Mark, assuming that's a Pitts in the background of your avatar, how did you feel the first time you saw one up close and realized you could almost fit it in the back of your pickup?! I couldn't get passed how small those things are! And I race a classic Mini...

that is a pitts S2c , my baby ;) ya its a small plane. i don't get in it i put it on. very insane little plane. putting a 4 point parachute on, then a 5 point hooker race harness , and another 2 point safety harness on was pretty surreal the first few flights lol.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Sorry but offer too low...

--
Mike
Sorry $100 is too low an offer.

Unlocked, 1.0.2 iPhones are now going to go up in price until the hackers have their way - those who have bricked their unlocked phones (should have listen to the web) will be looking for replacements and if they want all their old toys they'll need a pre-1.1.1 iPhone (although the could buy one from AT&T who may still have pre-1.0.1 phones, friend picked one up yesterday from local AT&T store and it was still on 1.0.0......).

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Sorry $100 is too low an offer.

Unlocked, 1.0.2 iPhones are now going to go up in price until the hackers have their way - those who have bricked their unlocked phones (should have listen to the web) will be looking for replacements and if they want all their old toys they'll need a pre-1.1.1 iPhone (although the could buy one from AT&T who may still have pre-1.0.1 phones, friend picked one up yesterday from local AT&T store and it was still on 1.0.0......).
I already have 3 people willing to do it, so I'm not concerned about my offer being too low.

--
Mike

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
that is a pitts S2c , my baby ;) ya its a small plane. i don't get in it i put it on. very insane little plane. putting a 4 point parachute on, then a 5 point hooker race harness , and another 2 point safety harness on was pretty surreal the first few flights lol.
I have a 5pt harness in the Mini (climbing in feels like putting it on, too), but I don't have to wear a chute. With the hours I've accumulated flying various small Cessnas, I can't imagine climbing into a Pitts AND having to wear a chute! I used to hear that racing a Mini was like wrestling a bear in a phone booth, but that sounds more like what you have to do. Where do you fly?

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
i fly out of the bay area ca. flying a pitts is a humbling experience. i didn't realize how complicated and how much performance a pitts has until i flew one. an extra 200 cant even compare.