anybody else go prepaid ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

djflyy

Jul 1, 2007
Wait how do you get a prepaid iPhone? I thought the only options were the 2 year contracts with At&t starting at 60 buck a month?

djflyy

Jul 1, 2007
So you would still get all the features of a regular plan like visual voicemail but would get out of the contract? Isn't that betterr?

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
So you would still get all the features of a regular plan like visual voicemail but would get out of the contract? Isn't that betterr?
The plans are more expensive, so unless you are only using very limited number of minutes (ie if you use 200 or less minutes a month), it does not make any sense.

If you use more than 200 minutes, you would essentially be prepaying any contract cancellation charge, and you pay it whether or not you leave.

darrston

Jun 27, 2007
yup didn't pass the credit check thank god ! didn't want to . I think I pay 10 bucks more a month plus i can walk away anytime. for me this is way better.

Funny thing is , I should have passed but didn't . prefer it this way anyway.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
yup didn't pass the credit check thank god ! didn't want to . I think I pay 10 bucks more a month plus i can walk away anytime. for me this is way better.

Funny thing is , I should have passed but didn't . prefer it this way anyway.
Glad it worked out for you. Let us know how the data and text prepaid works out. I can understand the prepaid voiceplan, but data usage could vary quite a bit.

Good luck with it.

darrston

Jun 27, 2007
Glad it worked out for you. Let us know how the data and text prepaid works out. I can understand the prepaid voiceplan, but data usage could vary quite a bit.

Good luck with it.
data is unlimted for 20 bucks the same as the normal plan . only difference i saw was minutes i get 300 plus 1000 nights and weekends ..should be enough

Jun 25, 2007
thanks! yeah, you do give up quite a bit in terms of value for the dollar, but you gain in being month-to-month.

postpaid - $60, 450 min, 5000 n&w, 200 text, unlim m2m, unlim data
prepaid - $60, 300 min, 1000 n&w, 0 text, 0 m2m, unlim data

to be honest, i'm not a heavy user, but the 0 text messages hurts. Does anyone know if there is a way to pay for a bundle of text messages with the iPhone prepaid plans?

i already found out i'd require a deposit (which I don't want to pay) if I want to do postpaid... that's why i'm so interested in the details of prepaid.

thanks again!

Jun 25, 2007
nevermind...i found answers on att.com
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph.../pyp-cell-phone-plans.jsp?WT.svl=calltoaction
i'm assuming the 29.99 rate plan is not offered, but the $49.99 and $69.99 plans are.

specifically, text message details are here
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/prepaid-text-messaging-packages.jsp
15 cents per message, 200 for $5, unlim for $20

thanks! yeah, you do give up quite a bit in terms of value for the dollar, but you gain in being month-to-month.

postpaid - $60, 450 min, 5000 n&w, 200 text, unlim m2m, unlim data
prepaid - $60, 300 min, 1000 n&w, 0 text, 0 m2m, unlim data

to be honest, i'm not a heavy user, but the 0 text messages hurts. Does anyone know if there is a way to pay for a bundle of text messages with the iPhone prepaid plans?

i already found out i'd require a deposit (which I don't want to pay) if I want to do postpaid... that's why i'm so interested in the details of prepaid.

thanks again!