Anybody else want widescreen keyboard texting in the upcoming update?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
It would be way easier to type on the widescreen mode because the keyboard is wider.. Apple: if you're looking at this, please make it possible to switch to widescreen mode for email and text!

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
To be honest, having used both a lot, I don't notice much difference at all between the two modes.

I don't find it any easier to type on the widescreen keyboard. My results and speed seem to be about identical.

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
i want that pretty bad, that is about the only update i would want. i wont use any of the other things that everybody else wants to get added

dmelton75

Jul 3, 2007
I agree, more options on input would be great. What I really want is the ability to use my finger as a virtual pencil in the notepad app.

iBrad

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
um

Just letting you guys know... Um you can already type in landscape mode on the iPhone. Not in all of the applications, but you can in a few. I know you can type in landscape mode in Safari. I also think this is possible in email. But it doesn't work in texting which would make more sense. All you have to do is turn it landscape BEFORE you bring out the keyboard. If you open up the keyboard while it is still vertical. It will not rotate when you turn it landscape.