Anybody familair with Ebay?

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I was going to return my 3g today, but prices are so high on Ebay I though I should just sell it. Do these prices look legit? Mine is not unlocked.

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I was going to return my 3g today, but prices are so high on Ebay I though I should just sell it. Do these prices look legit? Mine is not unlocked.

many of the higher priced iPhones on ebay aren't 3G models, but unlocked version 1 models that don't have 2.0 installed. The reason they are going for so much, is because right now 2.0 isn't unlockable, and people don't want to pay for a 2yr contract.

You can try selling your 3G on ebay, but keep in mind you will have to pay an early termination fee if you cancel before your contract is up.

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
if this is true...what happens if you "lose" your 3G or it gets hmmm "stolen?" they cant make you pay an early termination fee.....can they?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
if this is true...what happens if you "lose" your 3G or it gets hmmm "stolen?" they cant make you pay an early termination fee.....can they?
If you cancel within 30 days, no ETF - but you must return the phone. Cancel after 30 days, pay the ETF, you get to keep the phone.

They don't care if you lose your phone, because your locked into a contract they'll get paid. And they know you'll have to be a new phone (generally at a higher price).

mhochman

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Bar Harbor, Maine
Under normal circumstances, if your phone is lost/stolen, and you get a new phone you are still under contract, so you don't pay the ETF, but with the iPhone, i would guess that unless you buy a new iPhone you'll have to pay the ETF.

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
so if u sell it, u can say u lost it and not pay the fee? sounds good to me

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
so if u sell it, u can say u lost it and not pay the fee? sounds good to me
No, AT&T doesn't care what happens to your phone - because of people who lie, just like you are trying to do right now. You'll have to pay the fee.