anybody got a .Mac account

Johnny apple

Bronze
Mar 12, 2008
NYC
just wondering if anybody has any reviews on it because i was thinking about getting one

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
just wondering if anybody has any reviews on it because i was thinking about getting one
I got one with my new MacBook. I am using iWeb to make a family website. I have not used the mail much, because I have old mail accounts that I have not forwarded/changed over. I also started a Web gallery. Everything is very user-friendly. I am enjoying it so far!

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i also have a .mac account. im sure i don't make the most out of it, but im glad i have it anyway. im set to renew next month and plan to do so. is there something specific youre curious about?

Johnny apple

Bronze
Mar 12, 2008
NYC
no not really from your post it sounds like its worth it. so im gonna go for it

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
no not really from your post it sounds like its worth it. so im gonna go for it
I am glad that I am so convincing. Maybe Apple should pay me some money. lol

No, really. If you want to post some pics or make a blog or something, there are templates that are really easy to work with. I do not use photoshop or anything, and I can easily use iphoto to crop a photo and them post it up to my web gallery. I have been messing with iweb, and I got a homepage done so far. It took a little while to figure out how to edit the stuff into the templates, but I kept the Apple.com page open that has some tutorials and went back and forth a few times until I got it.

Have fun with it!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
It's really only worth it if you have multiple macs. I have a MBP and an iMac. The iDisk comes in handy, as well as the syncing. I sync a lot of the given options, but I wouldn't have it if I didn't have 2 Macs.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
I've had a .mac account for several years. We have 4 macs and 5 family members. The account is great for mail, hosting, and our family photo albums. iDisk has been a life saver a couple of times (accessing files from anywhere). Syncing is also very slick. I have it set to sync Bookmarks, contacts, calendars, etc. That way the information on every mac and every account is the same. Makes life a little more seamless.

iLife in conjunction with .mac is very powerful. Like mentioned above, iWeb is powerful and easy to use with either iPhoto or Aperture and makes creating and updating photo gallerys very simple.