AnyBody Help with Intelliremote ?

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Hi ive just installed intelliremote on my iPhone 3g 2.1 and also on my home p-c running windows x-p, but when i run the prgramme from my iPhone it says the following in a little box "Sever error" server disconnected, check host ... ... . ... and port 6000 are correct ."

What am i doing wrong? can anybody help me with this as looks an awesum programme,

Thankyou from Brian

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
This may be an issue with you router and ports not being opened. Post a question on the Intelliremote forum. The developer is really helpful.

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Hi and thankyou

Hi and many thanks for your help, going to do what you suggest and go there now, i did think may be i have to go within my router settings etc and change/add ports etc, i will let you no how i get on as this application looks very good.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
If you have your permissions in (Start Menu>Control Panel>Network Sharing Center>Network Sharing) set to not let other computers on the network discover you. You need to change that setting to let other computers on the network discover you...Mark

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Hi and thankyou

Hi and you guys are great, im guna try the above later tonite, will let you no how i get on, also have posted the same question as you advised in intelliremote forums, so may et some more feedback there if the above fails, but i doubt that will happen, again thankyou so much from

Brian

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Hi and still no luck !

Hi ive tried all of the above with no luck so do i have to configure my router settings to share my iPhone / intelliremote ? sorry just a littled confused now,

Hope to get some more help soon

Thanks from Brian

iamfischi

Oct 21, 2008
Hi everybody, I've got the same problem, I tried all this things above, but it still get the error message:"Sever error" server disconnected, check host ... ... . ... and port 6000 are correct ."
I need help, Please
Thx from fischi

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Post a question on the Intelliremote forum. The developer is really helpful.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
You need to go to settings on your iPhone, scroll right to the bottom and go into the settings for intelliremote. Make sure you have set up the correct IP/port etc there, and make sure your running the programme on your PC. you can do this by clicking on the little red dot it should put in your quick start tray!?
hope this helps

Melloware

Nov 6, 2008
Is anyone still having trouble getting connected? 99.9% of the time its Windows Defender or Norton or some other firewall blocking the connection.

I have a connection issues FAQ here: FAQ Link

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Yes, I'm having a major problem.

My PC completely died on me yesterday :mad:. The motherboard has gone to meet the choir invisbule and my Intelliremote and X10 Commander no longer work, which means I'm sat here in the dark and can't go anywhere because I can't get the garage door open. :laugh2:

New PC arrives Tuesday.:)

Incidentally, I only went for a PC because of X10 Commander and Intelliremote, otherwise it would have been Mac Mini to compliment my soon to be arriving MacBook Pro :cool:.

Melloware

Nov 6, 2008
Yes, I'm having a major problem.
Dude that is a TOTAL bummer!

You could have gone Mac Mini and run X10 Commander and Intelliremote inside VMWare Fusion or Parrallels. :) I have heard reports back that they both work in Parralels and Fusion. It would just be even more money out of your pocket though. :)

Jan 11, 2009
software?

wait...you need software on your computer? how much is it and where can i get it?

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
From Intelliremote.

Bear in mind, that the app is designed for people who already have an Intelliremote IR set-up, in which case it's free.

If you don't have the hardware and software already it may seem an expensive project.